Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum DISCUSSION & Add'l INFO on JACK & JILL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Consider This a RAZZIE® Two-for-One Offer!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Consider This a RAZZIE® Two-for-One Offer!
    Posted: November 20 2011 at 5:53pm

Hopefully HeadRAZZBerry can formally introduce us to the Gold Derby predictions that I just found in the page before the forum. They have predicted 6 films to sweep the nominations:

Jack & Jill
Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part I
Just Go With It
Big Mommas: Like Father, Like Son
Transformers: Dark of the Moon

Apparently they think Adam Sandler and his films will guzzle half the nominations. And about a quarter of them will rehash 2009's and 2010's worst film everyone saw. I see this as a serious lack of variety. This is a perfect reason for me to have asked for a RAZZIE voting membership for Christmas, and my votes will cover upwards of 30 different films.
My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Apl. 29; The Other Woman. May 6; Walk of Shame. May 20; Godzilla '014. May 27; Blended. Jne. 3; A Million Ways...
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 20 2011 at 6:46pm
I'm always a bit torn intellectually when I cast my ballot. There is always an opportunity for write-in nominations for truly deserving films not listed, and I have utilized that option. However, I realize that it is generally a waste of effort. I'm not immediately aware of a situation where a write-in has ever beaten out any nominees already  on the ballot.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2011 at 5:22am
Well, yeah. It's simple math. I figured that out the last time I voted for the People's Choice Awards.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
marykate30 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote marykate30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2011 at 1:27am
It's all pretty unfunny, and leaves you too much time to wonder about other things. 
One of the last lines by Al Pacino in the film is, "Burn this", I agree with him.
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2011 at 2:08pm
I think this movie deserves these Razzie nominations: 

Worst Picture; Worst Actor (Adam Sandler); Worst Actress (Adam Sandler as Jill); 

Worst Supporting Actor (Nick Swardson unfunny as usual); Worst Supporting Actress (David Spade as Monica (irritating to watch)), Katie Holmes should also get a nomination. 

; Worst Prequel, Remake, Rip-off or Sequel (seems to rip-off (better) movies of men dressing up as women); Dennis Dugan for Worst Director; Adam Sandler and Steve Koren for Worst Screenplay,
and Worst Screen Couple/Ensemble (Adam Sandler playing horrible twins). 
Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes a movie guaranteed to win Razzies.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2011 at 4:00pm
I just had a potentially suicidal idea involving this movie: I have a free movie ticket and I'd like to try and see every Razzie movie before the big night.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2011 at 9:36pm

"Box Office Guru! Breaking Dawn Threepeats Over Weak Frame

December 5, 2011 by SoCelebrities 

Finishing in sixth place was Adam Sandler's latest Razzie hopeful Jack and Jill which made an estimated $5.5M, down 45%, for a cume to date of $64.3M. The Sony release looks to end with $75-80M making it one of the actor's worst-performing broad comedies." 

"Sandler's latest Razzie hopeful!" It amuses me how the general public is starting to notice. Razzie-Buzz is kicking in.

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2012 at 4:28pm
Well, I'm back from the suffering known as this movie. My dad was nice enough to come with me and pay for it. I have to pay for Underworld: Awakening next weekend. So, I got off easy.LOL Because this is SO bad, it's not a nine worst moments list; it's a 12 worst moments list!

12.) Nick Swardson: Swardson isn't as bad here as he was in Just Go With It, but that's like saying that being beaten with rocks is being better than being beaten with maces. There's an unfunny sub-plot regarding his character's atheism. That being said, he has the second best scene in the movie. "God told me you had my feet on your desk." The best scene was when I daydreamed that the movie was actually the last act of Commando and Ah-nuld killed everyone. Jill was Bennett.

11.) Eugenio Derbez: Derbez plays Jack's gardener. His presence brings about a lot of racist jokes involving Hispanics.

10.) The cameos: There's a lot of idiotic cameos in the movie. Norm MacDOnald plays a potential suiter for Jill who eventually hides in the bathroom, a good idea for anyone forced to see this. Allen Covert plays the same homeless guy he played in Happy Gilmore. The Subway guy shows up in one scene. The ShamWow guy appears in a scene, presumably to regal the party of the time he beat the crap out of a hooker. And Sandler has embarrassing phots of Johnny Depp. That's the only explanation for Depp being seen in this.

9.) Katie Holmes: Man, she didn't do anything in this movie! Her role is very passive and she's just there for scenery dressing.

8.) David Spade as Monica: Why was (s)he here? His/Her scene is brief, but disturbing and illogical. Jill insults him, so (s)he attacks... Katie Holmes? Also, one of his/her friends is the guy from the Bucky Larson ads.

7.) Adam Sandler as Jack: I originally had him much lower, but he acts the most sane out of all of the unlikable characters. His acting is terrible, but he's the only one who seems to notice that Jill is a Satanic spawn. For noticing this, you're not in the top five.

6.) Jill's unfunny running gag: There's an impressively unfunny running gag involving Jill's poor memory skills when it comes to movie titiles. She forgets the names to It's A Wonderful Life, Pretty Woman, and Titanic.

5.) Al Pacino: Seriously, what the f*ck? Was he involved in the same photos that they have of Depp? His rap song near the end is spectacularily horrible!

4.) Dennis Dugan: What did our eyes do to deserve this guy? He makes horrible movies that intelligent people hate. His direction is easily his worst to date.

3.) The serious turn towards the end: Towards the end of the movie, the movie trys tug at your heartstrings. The only thing it tugs at is your gag reflex!

2.) The script: Steve Koren, Ben Zook, and Adam Sandler: look at yourselves in the mirror and ask yourself: "Why did I make this movie?"

1.) Adam Sandler as Jill: Jill is quite possibly the worst character on the history of cinema. She's worse than Jar Jar! She's worse than Skips and Mudflap! She's worse than Willie Scott! She's worse than Snails from D & D! She's worse than Christmas Jones! If they'd cast an actual actress as Jill, this movie wouldn't have been so horrific. But, Sandler was cast and we have the festering pile of sh*t before us now.

This is easily Sandler's worst movie. Let that sink in. Grade: Rotten Asshole

Next-up: Abduction!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2012 at 7:37am
Sandler always insists that his characters must have an attractve wife or girlfriend, even if it's not relevant to the plot. 

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Katie Holmes: Man, she didn't do anything in this movie! Her role is very passive and she's just there for scenery dressing.
ZKath View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ZKath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 25 2012 at 9:50am
My son Jay saw this at a birthday party (does the b'day boy want everyone to avoid his party next year?).  Jay is 13, so the ideal demographic for this, ahem, movie, but he HATED it.  And this is the kid who actually liked "I Am Number 4" and "The Darkest Hour."  

I'm not proud of Jay's lack of cinematic taste, but at least the kid has some standards.
mgeor5 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote mgeor5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 29 2012 at 10:50am
Who is this guy Sandler paying to be able to appear in any entertainment medium. Maybe it is a New York, Jewish thing and I am not getting his humor but he is the worst example of an entertainer that I have ever seen in all of my 71 years on this earth. He is just not funny.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2012 at 2:30pm

Listen up, people! Do I really have everyone's attention? Well... I just saw this movie! Unfortunately, I have a bunch of reviews in line.

If I really have everyone's attention, please remember everything you and I have been through over these past 2 years. Here it goes: I... don't... think... it... should... win Worst Picture. Whoa! Calm down. NEW YEAR'S EVE should win (I haven't seen BUCKY LARSON yet), because this actually had reedemable qualities:

1)For about half the movie I thought it could get better less bad. NEW YEAR'S EVE was awful from beginning to end.

2)I knew exactly what I was getting into. With NEW YEAR'S EVER I had expectations, specially since I almost liked VALENTINE'S DAY.

3)I'm sure you've heard about Al Pacino being good here, but no. He saved the movie. He shouldn't even be nominated. But NEW YEAR'S EVE had 20 stars and nobody was good, which is why it should also win Worst Ensemble.

As for the other categories:

-Actor: No. Like Nicolas Cage, Sandler phoned in both of his performances, but he was nothing compared to Taylor Lautner. Besides, with ABDUCTION, he prooved that after BREAKING DAWN PART 2, his career is over.

-Actress: Yes. My frontrunner was Sarah Jessica Parker for 2 very weak performances in 2 of the worst movies of the year, but even combined they were nothing against the atrocity of Sandler in drag. Even when we're meant to feel sorry for JILL, I couldn't, because she was still annoying. She really is one of the worst characters in movie history.

-Supp. Actor: I don't know. How do you decide that when someone is up for 2 movies and you think they deserve it for only 1? Nick Swardson was just meh, but in JUST GO WITH IT he was only a few miles away from being like JILL. But I choose him anyway because nobody else is a contender in my eyes (Ihaven't seen YOUR HIGHNESS yet).

-Supp. Actress: One of the categories where I've seen every nominee. I say no to Katie Holmes, because doesn't do anything... good or bad. David Spade showed potential of deserving the award if his role had been bigger... but it wasn't, so I'm still going with Brandon T: Jackson.

-Couple: The other categorie where I've seen every nominee. Honestly... I'm indifferent with this nominees.

-Director: Smae problem with Supp. Actor. Dennis Dugan's directing here sucks as usual, but his directing in JUST GO WITH IT was his best to date.

-Screenplay; Remake/Sequel: Oh, God. Yes! Although I haven't seen ARTHUR yet.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2012 at 2:57pm
By the way, I still think GROWN UPS is his worst, and this is 2nd.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 04 2012 at 2:30pm
Skip to 06:03.

Any thoughts?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234