Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > DISCUSSION & ADD'L INFO on YOUR HIGHNESS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

FORUM DISCUSSION of YOUR HIGHNESS...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: FORUM DISCUSSION of YOUR HIGHNESS...
    Posted: April 06 2011 at 4:41pm
Well yeah, his humor is pretty much aimed directly at that age group...  

Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

(Judd Apatow is a very popular director amongst the moviegoing community and many moviegoers (particularly people around my age (17/almost 18)) will probably flock in their millions to see this).
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
27years View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote 27years Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2011 at 5:57pm
This movie sounds pretty awful to me. Not my kind of humour at all. It currently has 0% from top critics out of 8 reviews. I wonder will any of the top critics have something good to say?
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2011 at 8:02pm
Maybe something like, "It makes for a great drinking game movie!"  

Originally posted by 27years

I wonder will any of the top critics have something good to say?
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2011 at 6:49am
Rotten Tomatoes gave this 28%:"Big budgets and costumes in service of scatalogical jokes may seem funny on paper,but in execution this is a highly monotnous romp that registers only occasional laughs".

Roger Ebert gave this */****:"The screenplay by Danny McBride is so hopeless,he didn't even write himself a good role,and he plays the lead".

Peter Travers gave this */****:"The comic mojo of Danny McBride can be a thing of f*ck*d-up beauty.So I was stoked that McBride signed on as star and co-writer of YOUR HIGHNESS.But the air goes out of that balloon pretty damn quick".
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2011 at 8:20am
Richard Roeper gave this a C+.
DefMan View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote DefMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2011 at 2:30pm
I will be honest. When I first heard about this, I was a little leery because by tittle alone, I assumed that it would be a stoner comedy, and it would be obvious about it.
Being a fan of James Franco and Natalie Portman, I kind of bit my tongue and hoped that the results would exceed my low expectations by title alone. The title alone gave me little interest and couldn't keep me from thinking of "Year One." Sadly, no trailer since has made me even more interested to see it, even if the director did a really good job with Franco and Danny McBride a few years back with "Pineapple Express."

It's also sad that these guys also wrote "Eastbound & Down" and lack any of the elements that make that show fun. 
Also, I haven't read a review that doesn't mention it as a juvenile's attempt at making Dungeons and Dragons into a naughty, curse and dick joke filled journey... oh God, why?
The Larch View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2011 at 10:31am
To Vits and Michaels: Ms. Portman filmed Your Highness BEFORE she shot Black Swan, so saying this was a "post-Oscar" choice is totally WRONG on your part Thumbs Down! To quote championship coach Jim Calhoun, "Get some facts and come back and see me!"
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2011 at 11:45am
Yeah, and Eddie Murphy filmed "Norbit" before the release of "Dream Girls," and look what wonders that did for him once it was released. Or ask Cuba Gooding Jr what making the wrong post Oscar movie choices does for your career. 

I don't care WHEN the film was shot, it doesn't really follow through on Portman's now Oscar-calibur talents. That's my point. 

Originally posted by The Larch

To Vits and Michaels: Ms. Portman filmed Your Highness BEFORE she shot Black Swan, so saying this was a "post-Oscar" choice is totally WRONG on your part. To quote championship coach Jim Calhoun, "Get some facts and come back and see me!"
johndoelyfe View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote johndoelyfe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2011 at 3:13pm
This is probably a fantastic "drinking game" movie...  

GioFernando View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote GioFernando Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2011 at 12:31pm
I think this movies looks funny enough to see in theaters.
'Course I'd want someone else to pay, or I'd wait for dollar Tuesdays, but still...
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 8:05pm
Well, survived this. Here's my review:

The good:

James Franco: I was surprised by this too. I expectated him to suck, but he ended up not sucking. Of course, it could be that he's the only character that I didn't want to harm brutally.

Natalie Portman's butt: Yes her arse is a glorious thing, even if it's fake. As for her acting, go down to the bad.

"No! Never triangle-face! I hate triangle face! It scares me!": This is, seriously, the only scene that I laughed at.

The bad:

Natalie Portman's acting: This is Natalie's worst turn since Attack Of The Clones.

David Gordon Green: Seriously, what the f*ck? You did George Washington! Sure, Pineapple Express was funny, but that Seth Rogan's screenplay. Hopefully, The Sitter will help him out of his slump.

Not doing anything with Zooey Deschanel: She's hot and talented. The lack of screen-time is shameful.

The ugly:

Danny McBride: McBride's, arguably, one of the funniest people of the planet. This makes his terrible performance even more disheartering. Instead of harkening back to his performances in Pineapple Express or Tropic Thunder or Eastbound And Down, he recalls his performance in Land Of The Lost, which he was on the nominating ballot for.

The script: This makes Ehren Kruger look like Nolan.

The sequel hook: At the end, McBride and Portman are off to beat-up the witch who put a cursed chastity-belt on her.

That's all have to say about this. Grade: D+.

(Also, I'll be doing this type of review for all the movies that have a forum here that don't have one already or ones that I feel aren't bad or flawed enough to deserve it*)

*By that, I mean Captain America, Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes, and Scream 4.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2011 at 1:56pm
Here's the link for my buddy Mitch's review:

http://movieswithmitch.squarespace.com/reviews/2011/4/11/your-highness-review.html
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2011 at 1:32pm
I just watched it. It delivers what it promises, a parody of fantasy stories and movies, laced with pot humor. Although amusing at times, it pales in comparison to past movies of the genre like "Monty Python and the Holy Grail". I rate it a 3 our of 5 on the gulity pleasure scale. It may get a Razzie nod or two, but there are far worse movies that came out this year that needs our attention.
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2011 at 7:13pm
Watched this pile of trash recently. One of the least funny comedies of the year. The screenplay is just stupid. The movie's direction is poor. Then there's the acting. Danny McBride is worthy of a nomination. McBride is just so annoying throughout the movie. Zooey Deschanel is wooden as usual and tries to conceal this fact by showing off her cleavage. 

This vile piece of work deserves nominations. 
Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes a movie guaranteed to win Razzies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12