Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Discussion & Add'l INFO on GNOMEO & JULIET
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of GNOMEO & JULIET

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of GNOMEO & JULIET
    Posted: February 07 2011 at 12:43pm
HERE YA GO, GANG -- HAVE at THESE HIDEOUS GNOMES with TEETH GNASHING...  

TO SEE OUR TAKE on THIS FILM, CLICK HERE.  
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 07 2011 at 12:48pm
Am I the only one who thinks this will be the least terrible film this week (not saying that it won't be bad, but it does seem "the least bad)?

I mean we have a misguided swords & sandals with an unclear premise (The Eagle), a concertfilm which only purpose is to earn cash from it's stars tween fans (Never Say Never) and a film headlining two past razzie ofenders and directed by another one (Just Go With It

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Not to worry -- Those other films you mentioned will have a shot at getting Forums later this week...  

Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2011 at 5:48am
I'm guessing it's gonna be mediocre. I mean, this G-rated movie is made by Disney's mature studio, Touchstone. I know why though.
Pictures move, do they?
Random Poster View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote Random Poster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2011 at 6:09pm
Hey, hold on a minute. A Touchstone film rated G? That can't be right.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2011 at 12:03am
So technically it's a Disney-film. It's never smart to dumb down Shakepeare for children, unless they do it cleverly like with The Lion King.
Grounder the Critic View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Grounder the Critic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2011 at 5:44am
According the the trailers, yes. Rated G. Because Miramax was bought by another company and was booted off of the Magic Kingdom, so Touchstone bought rights to the movie.  

Originally posted by Random Poster

Originally posted by Grounder the Critic

I'm guessing it's gonna be mediocre. I mean, this G-rated movie is made by Disney's mature studio, Touchstone. I know why though.

Hey, hold on a minute. A Touchstone film rated G? That can't be right.
Pictures move, do they?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2011 at 12:53pm
This appears to be the Razzies's first mistake this year. I mean, they give this movie a forum, and it ended up not being that bad.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 9:04am
Just out of curiousity, Has an animated film ever made it on a nomination ballot (in the Worst Picture-categorie, i mean)

Vits, have you seen the movie already. If not, how do you know if it's good then?
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 9:23am
Animated films haven't made the ballot since Eight Crazy Nights (2002). And if Vits hasn't seen the movie, he still has credence as far as the reviews are concerned.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 10:02am
That's right.Everytime I say a movie is good or bad I mean the general concensus,rather than saying "I think is...".
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 10:11am
Vits, Right, but don't you find it a bit harsh if you say that it's a MISTAKE of the razzies to put it on their radar.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2011 at 10:52am
I didn't mean it like that.The forums are made for movies they assume will be bad.Sometimes they end up being bad,and some don't.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 2:03pm
Just saw it: There were too many lame puns, the songs felt very detached from the story, and some scenes were no more than pointless filler. Shakespeare must be turning in his grave! 

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 20 2011 at 9:24pm
If you stop and think about it, Hollywood owes Shakespeare about a billion dollars worth of royalities and back-pay for all the adaptations they have done of his work, both the good and the bad.  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: You're kind of missing the point here -- Hollywood doesn't love doing Shakespeare rip-offs 'cause they admire his work -- It's precisely because he's long dead, doesn't have a WGA card and doesn't need to be paid (unlike some living writer who might have -- God forbid -- ideas!). 

One of my own Personal Pet Peeves used to be that, when movies "freely adapt" the work of someone like Shakespeare, Mark Twain, Victor Hugo and their ilk, they almost never credit the original source of the material. But with the crappy quality of much of what's lately beeen perpetrated upon what was once considered "great literature," maybe it's just as well that they don't fob off any of the blame on Ol' Bill and His Literary Giant Pals... 

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
SchwenLarson View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchwenLarson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2011 at 4:07pm
"If you stop and think about it, Hollywood owes Shakespeare about a billion dollars worth of royalities and back-pay for all the adaptations they have done of his work, both the good and the bad."

I totally agree with this.  When I saw the previews, I thought it did NOT look like a winner, to say the least.  LOL
No60MdiS View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote No60MdiS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2011 at 10:36pm
Love this movie so much!!
Norma R. Madison
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>