Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Discussion & Add'l INFO on JUST GO WITH IT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of JUST GO WITH IT...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of JUST GO WITH IT...
    Posted: June 14 2011 at 3:36pm
According to AVClub, Sandler cut out some of the children's scenes because they were upstaging him. That's a massive dick move. Source: http://www.avclub.com/articles/just-go-with-it-2011,57410/
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Transcendence
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 5:06am
Originally posted by Vits

Not really.He turned it down to avoid typecasting...because he was a star at the time.Broderick took it without thinking on his career because he wasn't a star at the time.
Actually, Hall's career was less than perfect at the time. He holds the record for the shortest run as a Saturday Night Live cast member, and he was fired from the lead role in "Full Metal Jacket", both because of his drinking or other personal problems on set. Proving yet again that giving into your vices will ruin your professional career in the end.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 5:31pm
Not really.He turned it down to avoid typecasting...because he was a star at the time.Broderick took it without thinking on his career because he wasn't a star at the time.Anyway,Hall is more than an actor mentioned only in "Whatever happened to" conversations.When he appears in a TV show he'll most likely be credited as a "Special Guest Star" or something similar,like COMMUNITY and NO ORDINARY FAMILY.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Vits

Why do you think Anthony Michael Hall didn't want to play FERRIS BUELLER?Because it would hurt his career...I know it died anyway but that's another issue.
Big mistake on his part. Matthew Broderick has had a lasting career in the decades since the movie, including Tony Award success, even though he admits that people still ask him "Hey, Ferris, is this your day off?". Hall disappeared from existence until he did the "Dead Zone" TV series and appeared in "Dark Knight". Sometimes turning down a certain role will ruin your career as much as appearing in a bad movie.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 4:53pm
Hold it!

I feel bad everytime someone doesn't want to see a Jim Carrey movie only because it's a drama.But you know what?It's their fault.They let the tyecasting world suck them into it.

Why do you think Anthony Michael Hall didn't want to play FERRIS BUELLER?Because it would hurt his career...I know it died anyway but that's another issue.

I gave REIGN OVER ME ***.Sandler's performance was...decent.I felt he was good during the scenes where he had to speak through his face,but the scenes where he screamed and cried...Anyway,let's get our facts right before we point fingers to the wrong people.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 1:41am
See, I love Sandler's older films, too. I can still watch them and find some amount of humor (where else can you see Bob Barker knock out Sandler) The problem is all Sandler ever does anymore is act like an idiot! 

There is a reason behind this though, you see everytime he tries to branch out his acting abilities, his movies get a measure of critical acclaim, but they end up bombing financially. Case in point "Reign Over Me" Here was a movie where the vast majority of critics, even the ones who gave the film a poor review, said Sandler and Cheadle were phenomenal. And in a rare case, the problems with the movie were more from director/actor Mike Binder rather than Sandler, and what happened? The movie made less money than Little Nicky. So i can't necessarily blame him for sticking with his same old routine to a point, cause if i was in his shoes i'd probably do the same. However it does not change the fact that he hasn't made a good comedy movie at least to me since the wedding singer... i think, haven't gotten around to seeing funny people yet.
I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2011 at 7:19am
Wow! One guy who acts like a man-child, and one guy who acts like he's bipolar -- whatta combination!  

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Sandler and Pacino as a couple sounds like nightmare fuel.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2011 at 5:02am
Sandler and Pacino as a couple sounds like nightmare fuel.
vivian View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote vivian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2011 at 1:01am
I have a very bad feeling about Adam's next film (Jack & Jill). How does Adam Sandler in drag having a thing with Al Pacino (playing himself) sound like a good movie?? 

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 9:00pm
Just got back. Sandler's regressed even further. His character was very unlikable; he lies to cute, innocent Brooklyn Decker and, apparantly, he was going to fake the children's deaths!?!?! What the f*ck?!? Also, Rob Schneider must have pissed off Adam Sandler, because he's not in here. Instead, Nick Swardson's here and, it pains me to say this, Swardson's actually worse than the usual Schneider performance.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Sandler's older movies (i.e. Happy Gilmore, The Waterboy) and his "non-Adam Sandler" movies (i.e. The Wedding Singer, Punch Drunk Love, 50 First Dates, Funny People) are watchable.
Watchable ... MAYBE. But tolerable? Oh NO!
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2011 at 1:30pm
Sandler's older movies (i.e. Happy Gilmore, The Waterboy) and his "non-Adam Sandler" movies (i.e. The Wedding Singer, Punch Drunk Love, 50 First Dates, Funny People) are watchable. The problem is that Sandler realized that he could churn out a completely brain-dead product* and make a killing.

*His older movies where brain-dead, but had some "genius" to them (i.e. the "dumbest thing ever" speech from Billy Madison.)
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2011 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

Get this, 78% of the RT community actually LIKE this movie. It just goes to show how totally addicted to Sandler's 'brain dead retard' some people are.
That's odd, I thought being "brain dead retarded" was a requirement in order to be a fan of Sandler's tiresome "brain dead retard" rountine.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2011 at 7:31pm
They're showing this at my school tomorrow night*. I'll tell you guys about it then.

*Yeah, Le Moyne shows a lot of bad movies. At least they're free and, mostly, short. I hate bad movies that are long.
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2011 at 5:08am
1. They are begging for Razzies.  

2. I don't know, but way too much!

But sadly, it worked -- People did go and watch it...for reasons I don't understand. At all!  
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2011 at 5:00am
I seriously can't believe this made so much money. This movie is my own personal nightmare.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>