Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Discussion & Add'l INFO on JUST GO WITH IT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of JUST GO WITH IT...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of JUST GO WITH IT...
    Posted: May 09 2011 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by Vits

Why do you think Anthony Michael Hall didn't want to play FERRIS BUELLER?Because it would hurt his career...I know it died anyway but that's another issue.
Big mistake on his part. Matthew Broderick has had a lasting career in the decades since the movie, including Tony Award success, even though he admits that people still ask him "Hey, Ferris, is this your day off?". Hall disappeared from existence until he did the "Dead Zone" TV series and appeared in "Dark Knight". Sometimes turning down a certain role will ruin your career as much as appearing in a bad movie.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 5:31pm
Not really.He turned it down to avoid typecasting...because he was a star at the time.Broderick took it without thinking on his career because he wasn't a star at the time.Anyway,Hall is more than an actor mentioned only in "Whatever happened to" conversations.When he appears in a TV show he'll most likely be credited as a "Special Guest Star" or something similar,like COMMUNITY and NO ORDINARY FAMILY.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 5:06am
Originally posted by Vits

Not really.He turned it down to avoid typecasting...because he was a star at the time.Broderick took it without thinking on his career because he wasn't a star at the time.
Actually, Hall's career was less than perfect at the time. He holds the record for the shortest run as a Saturday Night Live cast member, and he was fired from the lead role in "Full Metal Jacket", both because of his drinking or other personal problems on set. Proving yet again that giving into your vices will ruin your professional career in the end.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2011 at 3:36pm
According to AVClub, Sandler cut out some of the children's scenes because they were upstaging him. That's a massive dick move. Source: http://www.avclub.com/articles/just-go-with-it-2011,57410/
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2011 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

According to AVClub, Sandler cut out some of the children's scenes because they were upstaging him. That's a massive dick move. Source: http://www.avclub.com/articles/just-go-with-it-2011,57410/
Wow, how insecure can that man really be?! Then again, it's Sandler, so it's not like upstaging him is all that hard!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 14 2011 at 4:55pm
You're kidding,right? Even at this point you still think it's a "coincidence" that most of his characters are jerks masked as lovable guys? 
natalstone View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote natalstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2011 at 6:18am
I like Sandler in general, but is it only me who thinks he is kind of over-hyped?
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2011 at 8:17pm
Buddy, there's isn't a person in the movie business more over-hyped than Sandler. You look up "one-trick pony" in the dictionary, you will find the words "see Adam Sandler" in the definition.  

Originally posted by natalstone

I like Sandler in general, but is it only me who thinks he is kind of over-hyped?
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 4:02pm
I guess he's a one trick phony that audience never get tired of. 
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2011 at 12:54pm
I guess some people just love watching their favorite Village Idiot.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2011 at 7:30pm
I just saw this.  

I don't know what it is about Sandler's movies, but they always get at least a chuckle from me. This time, 95% of those came from the kids. No wonder he got jealous. The leads do have chemistry, but it's weak. And the plot has too many unnecessary embroilments. And by the end, it all gets solved with no conflict!

Let's get it out in the open already: he's bad in this movie. But you know what? Aniston isn't(although at times she seems confused as to why she's here). Neither is Brooklyn DeckerBailee Madison is quite the little scene stealer. And Nick Swardson just tries way too hard. This was Dennis Dugan's best directorial effort(although that's not saying much).

Despite being famous for so long, this is the first time I can tell a Sandler movie is a total vanity project: 
1)Most of his characters have moments where they seem like jerks. Here,I couldn't look at the screen when DANNY appeared because he always said something mean or did something terrible(including being physically abusive towards children). I feel Sandler is similar in real life, so he orders the people behind the camera to come up with ways for us to buy that people want to be around DANNY.
2)The premise is about him going after pretty but silly girls. When he finds the hottest, he thinks he's in love. When he's asked why he won't dump her like everyone thinks, he says "She's beautiful,she's sweet...she's got great lips". And he does dump her when something better comes along. You know at what point we see a hint that he and KATHERINE will fall for each other? Right after he sees her in a bikini. Also, she enters a Hawaiian dance contest against Nicole Kidman, the other women on stage are all old and/or fat, and they eventually loose. All because Sandler demands to have a hot love interest in every movie.
3)Because of how much of a zombie he's been in his latest movie, I think he gets up early and then goes to shoot a scene. Does he want to? I guess he thinks "paycheck" and "box office results".

I give this 3/10.
tricialago View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote tricialago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2011 at 8:15pm
I  love Adam Sandler but the story was just too shallow for me. And I agree, Aniston's kids entertained me more than Sandler.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2011 at 6:59pm
I'd do an introduction for this, but I'd rather not.

The good:

Brooklyn Decker: She's cute and her performance is... not absolutely terrible. In terms of first time actresses, she's OK. Also, she's the ONLY character who isn't an unlikeable douche.

The Hawaii locales are pretty: The locales are breathtaking, but if you really want to see the locales, just find a travel magazine, blow up to the size of your TV, and tap it to said TV. That way, you can look at the beautiful locales without the sight of a golf-club entering Sandler's ass.

There's NO chance that it could be as bad as Jack And Jill: I don't think that anyone can argue with this.

The bad:

The fact that the best performance comes from a first-time actress: There's a goddamn Oscar winner in the cast and a model-turned-actress is better than her.

The kids: They're annoying and I wished that they'd disappear from the whole movie.

Well I'll cutting off the bad early this time. The reason? Everything else is UGLY!!!

The ugly: (Note: As much as I'd just like to write EVERY DAMN THING ABOUT THIS F*CKING MOVIE, I have principles.)

Sandler, Aniston, and their non-existant chemistry: They're both terrible, annoying, and can't create chemistry to save their life. There was better romance in The Hills Have Eyes.

Nicole Kidman: I've always had contempt for Ms. Kidman. I thought that The Hours was one of the most overrated pieces of crap I've ever seen. To be fair to her, I thought her acting in Rabbit Hole was good. But, she just HAD to follow it up with this. And next up is a movie with Nicolas Cage, Cam Gigandet, and history's greatest monster. Does she want me to hate her?

Nick Swardson: You know what's interesting? When Swardson's not around Sandler, he's actually funny. Maybe, Sandler saved his life in the past?

Bonus: It made me miss Rob Schneider!: Swardson plays a character that Schneider should have played. What did Schendier do to Sandler? Did he go number 2 on his carpet? Did he scare Jennifer Aniston? The mind boggles.

(Edit: Super bonus one that I forgot: The script: The writer of this is Allan Loeb. I mentioned in my review of The Dilemma that he's a massive hack and that he deserves the Iranian pick-pocket punishment. After reviewing this, he should also get the Human Centipede treatment so he can't tell people what he wants written down. Maybe pluck out his eye-lids so he can't pull a Diving Bell And The Butterfly. Also, according to IMDB, he's writing a remake of Escape From New York. Does he want to challenge f*cker Greg Berlanti to a rape-something-that-I-love contest?)

Not many people noticed this, but Minka Kelly has a small role at the beginning of the movie. Fitting, because...

Next-up: The Roommate! Also, grade: D
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2011 at 7:19pm

There's NO chance that it could be as bad as Jack And Jill: I don't think that anyone can argue with this.
I don't know,man.That movie seems to be aware how dumb it is,while in this one,they tried to pretend as if the characters weren't the assholes they were.

It made me miss Rob Schneider!: Swardson plays a character that Schneider should have played. What did Schendier do to Sandler? Did he go number 2 on his carpet? Did he scare Jennifer Aniston? The mind boggles.
He's not obligated to appear in every Happy Madison movie.But I see why you'd think that.Since 2000,he's never been in movies not made by that studio(excluding cameos,voice-overs,movies he directed,and something called AMERICAN VIRGIN which amazes how it wasn't made by that studio).Don't worry,I'm sure we'll see many colloborations between the 2.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2011 at 7:29pm
 The reason I went on that little spiel is because the role seem taylor fit for Schneider. It just seems so odd that he wasn't in there.

Also, there's something that I forgot to add because I was in a hurry to get it in before the hour ended.
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2011 at 4:59pm
Yep, as always, a Adam Sandler movie that is s***, and only amuses his friends and himself, yet he makes millions of dollars anyway. He's kinda like the mainstream version of Ray William Johnson (see YouTube to get that vague joke/insult).

But hey, at least we got to see Aniston and Kidman hula dance. That's something for our troubles, right? Right?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>