Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > DISCUSSION & INFO on RED RIDING HOOD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' DISCUSSION of RED RIDING HOOD...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' DISCUSSION of RED RIDING HOOD...
    Posted: June 21 2011 at 8:40am
Originally posted by Vits

If Burke and Oldman get nominated,it would be for Supp. Actor.But what about Fernandez?Is he considered lead?

Can anyone answer this,or you haven't seen it?

For those who haven't,don't worry.The wolf is shown since the beggining.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2011 at 4:10pm
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Better Amanda Seyfried movie: "Chloe".
I just saw it.For those who want to see it,it's not a thriller.I don't know why they advertise it as one.Actually they gave away too much in the trailer.

It starts as a character study about a woman hiring a call girl to see if her husband would cheat.Then it becomes a bizarre erotic movie when CATHERINE seems to enjoy hearing what CHLOE tells her,and later when they f*ck each other.But then it tries to become FATAL ATTRACTION-like when CHLOE starts stalking CATHERINE,except that it fails to be thrilling at all.CHLOE never really seemed a threat.

As for the twists,CHLOE lying about DAVID was pretty unexpected.But her letting go and falling into her death?!And CATHERINE using her comb?!Just because people do things out of the ordinary doesn't automatically means those actions are complex.They can be plain nonsense.

I give it 5/10.
Originally posted by GTAHater767

They just released Chloe in 2009. Do you think this should've been nominated for the Golden Globes instead of either The Lovely Bones or Rob Marshall's Nine? If your answer is yes, I'd be amazed that such a hot-sounding erotic thriller would get that much commendation from you for how recent it is.
In which categories?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 25 2011 at 11:48pm
Originally posted by oiram

Does anyone else wonder if this movie will get Gary Oldman his first Razzie nom?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Since he was co-nominated with both Demi Moore and Robert Duvall for Worst Screen Couple in 1995's RAZZIE® "winning" remake of THE SCARLET LETTER (IMdb LINK) this would possibly garner Oldman his second RAZZIE® nom...  

Thankfully, Oldman will be able to redeem himself this year since he is also cooking up a lot of Best Actor Oscar buzz for his lead role in this film (the director of this film is someone who also directed a vampire movie - Tomas Alfredson, the man behind 'Let the Right One In')...

What do you say? A good way to make up for 'Red Riding Hood' or what?

P.S. Latest: Empire Magazine gave this film 5 stars in the October issue (which I got in advanced today since I'm subscribed to EM)...
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2011 at 5:32pm
Wow, this is real quality step-down from Sucker Punch. And considering how terrible that was, this isn't gonna be easy.

The good:

Some of the movie is hysterical: I should rephrash that: EVERYTHING about this movie is hysterical! Special mention most go to the end where Julie Christie ends up in a Julie Christie stew.

Some of the camera angles are good: The scenes where nature is shown off are beautiful. To bad that the actor's acting isn't.

Err... Amanda Seyfried sure is pretty!: Yeah I got nothing else nice to say about this.

The bad:

Gary Oldman: Seriously, what the f*ck? I know that Oldman likes money, but this is ridiculous. This is easily his worst non-Hannibal movie. I agree with Film Reel Redemption that Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy looks great, though.

Julie Christie: The hottest GILF that isn't Helen Mirren comes off pretty bad in this. Especially, when she ends up in the Julie Christie stew.

The special effects: This is some bad effects. While not as God-awful as Season Of The Witch's, it's still pretty God-awful.

The ugly:

Amanda Seyfried's acting: While, Seyfried is in no way ugly, her acting in this was. I'm surprised that she's so terrible; she's usually talented. Hell, I even thought that Letters From Juliet wasn't terrible.

Billy Burke: The actor who gave the best performance in the Twilight movies gives the worst performance here. Maybe, he's like Samson and his mustache is the key to good performances.

The realization that Twilight was better: When you can't even measure up to a franchise notable for being terrible, you know you've failed. To be far, this isn't as bad as New Moon.

Well, that my destruction of a half-assed Twilight rip-off. Grade: D+

Next-up: Just Go With It!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Up-next: Reefer Madness
moviecritic123 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviecritic123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2011 at 9:53pm
I liked this movie. I love Gary Oldman and werewolves.
whatsthepoint View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote whatsthepoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2011 at 8:20am
Originally posted by moviecritic123

I liked this movie. I love Gary Oldman and werewolves.

One in a million I'm afraid to say.

Clap
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2011 at 3:38pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

The realization that Twilight was better: When you can't even measure up to a franchise notable for being terrible, you know you've failed. To be far, this isn't as bad as New Moon.

Well, that my destruction of a half-assed Twilight rip-off. Grade: D+
If you're saying that ... then this movie must be REALLY bad!
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123