Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > DISCUSSION & Add'l INFO on SUCKER PUNCH
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of SUCKER PUNCH...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of SUCKER PUNCH...
    Posted: September 20 2011 at 10:34pm

Emily Browning looks like a preteen despite being over 2 decades old? That's just a drop in the ocean! I easily notice when it happens:

*I mistook one of my calculus classmates, an Asian woman named Tran, who was born in 1979, for being in 1997. This is probably because she's short of stature, has 0% grey hair, fairly pale complexion, and a slim build.
*Last September, many of my old high school's 9th graders were 14 years old, but looked only 8. This year, some of the new high school freshmen look even younger! Some young girls I've seen in offices attest that their male classmates (middle school) look like they just got out of kindergarten, and after seeing one 8th grader who looked like age 6, I believe these girls. I would attribute this to lack of sunlight, high-tech medical care (including neo-natal care), and low caloric intake.
*As long as I don't have facial stubble, I look as young as 15 years old despite being 21. It figures, because I harbor an intense hatred towards fast food, tobacco, alcohol (usually), and hard drugs. I've been clean of McDonald's since April 2005. I barely get any sun exposure, and I weigh only 130 lbs / 60 kg.

So if Emily Browning has the face of an 11 year old, our youth may be as old as double the age of the characters they play if we're not to repeat this mistake.
SuperTeenTopia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2011 at 11:54pm
I know that Hollywood plays an age game with actors and actresses play younger roles when they are actually older, and older roles when they are actually younger. But when you cast an actress in a role that is going to be strongly sexual (in the case of "Sleeping Beauty"), DO NOT hire an actress who looks like she should be waiting outside of a middle school for her mother to pick her up. As shallow as it may sound, hire the actress who looks the part.
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 20 2011 at 11:55pm
Originally posted by Vits

Oh,so it's not because of the school girl outfit?Yeah,that wouldn't be fair.A lot of grown men like watching women of any age in those and it doesn't mean they're pedophiles.

Actresses need to know what type of beauty they are.Emily is too child-looking.And I think that SLEEPING BEAUTY movie coming out will be worse.

Sleeping Beauty was in cinemas a few months ago in Australia, got a huge amount of bad reviews.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2011 at 6:38am
GTA,you gorgot to color the years!Shocked Also,people always think I'm 15.Once,in a really dark place,and with my hair a little long,they thought I was a girl.Ironically,it takes a lot of balls to admit that.LOL
Originally posted by SuperTeenTopia

Note to Hollywood, Emily Browning is NOT sexy looking, she looks like she belongs in junior high school; stop casting her in sex bomb roles! Give these roles to ... Emmy Rossum instead. She can act and judging by her TV series, "Shameless", she doesn't mind having to take her clothes off.
At first I thought you were being sarcastic,because she also has an innocent beauty.But looking back at the movies were she dressed sexy,it didn't bother me.But I still wouldn't cast her in a sex-bomb role(I don't think BABYDOLL was one).
Originally posted by moviecritic123

I actually liked this movie. It's not anything great but I had fun with it. Vanessea Hudginsens looks kinda hot with a machine gun.
That is exactly the response the makers expected.I just hope you didn't like it just for that reason.
Originally posted by jesse685

Sleeping Beauty was in cinemas a few months ago in Australia, got a huge amount of bad reviews.
Oh,I'm sure it got a huge amount of "something" from the movie's target audience.I hope someone gets this joke.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2011 at 10:11am

I thought it got decent reviews. Oh, whatever. The trailer looked very interesting though.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2011 at 3:34pm

Yes, many of those reviews are calling it bad taste for casting Emily Browning in the role that she plays, again, because she looks too young. She's appearing in her underwear, at one point, she gets naked, at another point, she's in bed with a man old enough to be her grandfather ... see why I'm telling Hollywood to not hire her in sexy roles? And yes, Vits, while YOU might not count Baby Roll as a sexy role, MANY other people do.
"People say 'It's all about the story’. When you're making tentpole films, bull$hit." -Andy Hendrickson (Disney Animation Studios' Chief Technical Officer)
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2011 at 3:42pm
No,no.There's a difference between "sexy" and "sex-bomb".
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SuperTeenTopia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2011 at 6:56pm
Originally posted by Vits

No,no.There's a difference between "sexy" and "sex-bomb".
Well, Emily is neither, and shouldn't be casted as such.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2011 at 2:43pm
I just saw EASY A,and gave it 8/10.

Why am I mentioning it now...and here?Well,it turns out Emma Stone left this movie to star in EASY A Clap.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567