Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > SKYLINE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Guess the Sky DUZ Have Limits!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Guess the Sky DUZ Have Limits!
    Posted: July 26 2011 at 12:17pm
I just saw it.

You know how you ask a little kid "What do you think would be a good idea for a movie?",and the they say one,and you say "But that's been done before"?That's how basic the plot is.And it's not like INDEPENDENCE DAY.They do copy the design of the UFO's(except they glow blue instead of orange)and it's fight against the army jets,and also a few times where they play patriotic music because they think they won.Is mostly WAR OF THE WORLDS.The characters just hide the whole movie and get attacked by the octopus-looking aliens* every couple of minutes.It also has signs of trying to be like a teen slasher flick(keep in mind these sometimes have college students,and the characters here could be in their early '20s).

Although the beginning introduces us to the characters,it's not enough to know who they really are.Not to mention that it was pointless because the characters weren't developed.

The effects are good enough to prevent this from being among the worst of the year,but that doesn't mean it's good.The dialogue is cheesy and the performances are bad.

Why couldn't they end it when JARROD & ELAINE are sent to the ship while their kissing?All they had to do was show the entire city/country/planet being invaded with a Michael Bay montage(they use one in the movie already)?It would've been tragic and honest,but everything that happens afterwards is unnecessary.Most people think it was a set-up for a sequel.For me,it was a set-up for a saga(at least 4 movies!).

I give it 3/10.

*Why do all movie aliens lately look like that?!
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345