Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Forum Members' DISCUSSION of 2012 Releases List...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Here 'Tis...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 113>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here 'Tis...
    Posted: December 05 2012 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Special Achievement in Filmmaking: Ben Affleck for "Argo"
What's this award for exactly?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2012 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Vits

Next week, the big release is PLAYING FOR KEEPS, starring Gerard Butler (who was already in a bad movie this year) and directed by Gabriele Muccino (THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS; 7 POUNDS).

I am in favor of giving it a forum... Mostly because it currently has an unflattering 0% on RT at the moment (making it shockingly enough Gerard Butlers worst reviewed movie to date)...
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2012 at 4:45pm
I am going to post a member-started forum for Sh*t Size, just to let you guys know.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2012 at 5:44pm
Don't quote me on this, but I imagine "Special Achievement in Film-Making" might be for the overall production and overseeing of a film (different from full-fledged direction in that it's just management, especially of production, while directing involves rolling the camera as well).

To Vheid: Glad to know you're not gone! I looked at the Tomatometer, and you weren't lying! It's already losing 0 to 6 on the Tomatometer. Its Metascore is 23% so far to boot. It's less than 40 hours left until release, and now I realize I never should've doubted Playing For Keeps would be one of ours. With a star like Gerard Butler, and recent talks about baseball fading from the American public eye, it makes perfect sense if Playing For Keeps is to get a forum here. I vote YES on this proposition!

To jesse685: Besides Fun Size, which wasn't as bad as Silent Hill: Revelation 3D, and which has little RAZZIE pedigree, the only other film that I can think of that dodged a forum here was Chernobyl Diaries. Maybe those should be the last 2 "Unofficial Contenders" for the 2012 RAZZIES.  

oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2012 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Vheid

Next week, the big release is PLAYING FOR KEEPS, starring Gerard Butler (who was already in a bad movie this year) and directed by Gabriele Muccino (THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS; 7 POUNDS).

I am in favor of giving it a forum... Mostly because it currently has an unflattering 0% on RT at the moment (making it shockingly enough Gerard Butlers worst reviewed movie to date)...
Yeah, why ignore this movie?
Worst Career Achievement: Kim Jong-Un
THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2012 at 6:17pm
The first unofficial precursor to the Academy Awards are the Satellite Awards. The nominees have been announced. The "usual suspects" are there, including 007: SKYFALL (today it became the highest grossing film in the UK ever!). But despite having as many technical categories as the Oscars, THE HOBBIT isn't nominated. Also, HYDE PARK ON HUDSON is up for Best Actress (Laura Linney), so I'm guessing it won't get a forum like I suggested. So PLAYING FOR KEEPS seems like the obvious choice. Unless HeadRAZZ is planning on making one of the 2 or 3 forum polls left that he mention a while back.
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2012 at 6:17pm
Oiram: For now, I'll have the Sh*t Size forum and I'll do a forum for Chernobyl Diaries this weekend (even though it is way too late to do so).
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2012 at 6:24pm
Jesse, I don't see the point on starting forums so late, especially when they're not shoo-ins. Besides, SchumacherH8Ter would have to move his review.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2012 at 6:33pm
No offence to SchumacherH8ter, but I've only read about 40% of his reviews. Most of the ones I've read are on my past Bottom 40 Films lists, or are slated for this year's list in the case of 2012 films.

I've doubted that Fun Size was a shoo-in for a long time ever since Silent Hill: Revelation 3D caught the brunt of our attention, and Chasing Mavericks got the worst word-of-mouth from everyone else back on October 26. And I still remember that Chernobyl Diaries deserved a forum, but didn't get one back on May 25. Just last month, I had put up forums for 2016: Obama's America and A Little Bit of Heaven. I already know that Obama's America will only be a shoo-in for Worst Political Propaganda Movie. Sorry to JoeBacon, but it's a long-shot for Worst Picture. Vits, do you think A Little Bit of Heaven is a shoo-in for either Worst Picture (as those who know about it seem to be calling for) or Worst Actress (for Kate Hudson)?  

Jesse, I don't see the point on starting forums so late, especially when they're not shoo-ins. Besides,SchumacherH8Ter would have to move his review.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2012 at 5:59am
New releases here: HOPE SPRINGS, MAO'S LAST DANCER and SILENT HOUSE. What should I do?
Originally posted by GTAHater767

Vits, do you think A Little Bit of Heaven is a shoo-in for either Worst Picture (as those who know about it seem to be calling for) or Worst Actress (for Kate Hudson)?
Worst Picture? No way. Worst Actress? I'm sure Hudson will make it to the ballots, but I don't know about a nomination.

Are you asking because of what I told Jesse? And because it's one of my contenders? Because that's personal; it doesn't mean I actually think it's gonna make it. That's why I didn't create a forum myself back then.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2012 at 7:41am

The guess here is that it is just a clever expression of craven bootlicking/
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2012 at 8:50am
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2012 at 10:59am
Star Trek Into Darkness trailers: 1 and 2
Worst Career Achievement: Kim Jong-Un
THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2012 at 12:23pm
Vits: Silent House sucked. I was bored silly and it has one of the dumbest twists ever.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2012 at 1:33pm
I can see that "Playing for Keeps" has gotten a forum and that it is our Worst New Movie of the Weak.  I have a Bonus Worst New Movie of the Weak to bring up.  It's called, "Dino Time":

It's in limited release, so it's not likely to be seen by anyone.  It looks like something that should be direct-to-DVD rather than theatrical.  I would consider this for Worst Remake or Ripoff (a ripoff of "The Land Before Time" and "We're Back!: A Dinosaur's Story").
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2012 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Vits: Silent House sucked. I was bored silly and it has one of the dumbest twists ever.
You know, I'm kinda starting to feel obligated to watch it after having seen the original. But I'll try to avoid it as long as possible. Also, the twist can't be worse than BREAKING DAWN PART 2's "battle that never happened".

I can see that "Playing for Keeps" has gotten a forum and that it is our Worst New Movie of the Weak.  I have a Bonus Worst New Movie of the Weak to bring up.  It's called, "Dino Time":

It's in limited release, so it's not likely to be seen by anyone.  It looks like something that should be direct-to-DVD rather than theatrical.  I would consider this for Worst Remake or Ripoff (a ripoff of "The Land Before Time" and "We're Back!: A Dinosaur's Story").
It appeared on that Cracked list I posted days ago. The fact that it co-stars Rob Schneider may give it a chance. But there's already another family movie that nobody saw that users are trying to get nominated, so 2 would kill the chances of both movies.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 99100101102103 113>