Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > Forum Members' DISCUSSION of 2012 Releases List...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Here 'Tis...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 113>
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Here 'Tis...
    Posted: May 06 2012 at 3:22pm
Originally posted by Vits

If you'll excuse, I have to go watch GLEN ORGLENDA... on Blu-Ray.
I want to ask you all (since this is the Razzies forum) a poll. I saw the movie, and it went on my list of the worst movies ever made (instead of my list of the best bad movies). Does that make me a cynic or something?

You see, for me a best bad movie is one that succeeds in the entertainment factor but not the art factor (production quality; acting; depth). For example, MISS MARCH. I found it hilarious but with obvious mistakes. But with GLEN OR GLENDA, the laughs weren't "Haha! That's funny", but "Jeje... what just happened?!" I watched it alone, so I was actually yelling at the screen.

For me, it's about whether the experience was pleasant or not. Like I said, I enjoyed MISS MARCH even though I know I shouldn't have. But with GLEN OR GLENDA, which was only 70 minutes, I wanted it to end after 40 minutes (that's when the dream sequence (if that's what it was) began). I was fine with the bad acting and the mistakes, but not with the plot becoming hard to follow. Seriously, who the f*ck was Bela Lugosi's character even supposed to be?!

The saddest part is that Ed Wood's main point was getting people to listen to his message about transvestites not being bad. But he even failed at that. And the weirdest part is that the people who defend this movie, saying that it's actually good, claim that it's Surrealism or Avant Garde. Someone even said "If David Lynch had made it, people would've praised it" (Lynch says it's one of his favorites, and was one of the inspirations for ERASERHEAD).

Anyway, I know can be too logical, and that I'm always looking for little details. But am I cynic for saying this is not a guilty pleasure, but just bad (like I did with SHOWGIRLS, which people say it's in the same category)?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2012 at 11:51pm
Saturnwatcher, if there was a Razzie for worst Award Show, it would go to MTV. Too bad there is none.

Vits, I'll vote no, you are not cynic. Not funny, not entertaining. Plain bad. That is coming from me, who admits to having enjoyed What Women Want. Men in drag aren't automatically funny.

Oiram, did you make a thread about LOL? Or was that dismissed?

On another note I was forced to watch Bel Ami last night. At first I refused, but I read a review of a critic stating Pattinson should get a Razzie nomination for his portrayal, then I was interested. The movie wasn't too bad, but paced extremely uneven, and three or four times I didn't understand the twists of the story. Either the script was lacking or they left out parts in the editing room. However, I disagreed about Patts, two or three times he managed to appear creepy, which I liked. Cosmopolis is back on my most anitcipated list.

mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2012 at 12:59am
One more thing, I watched the Dark Shadows trailer  together with some of my buds, and one of them names Johnny Depp as his favourite actor. Now, he only watches JD's Blockbusters, but he wasn't impressed with the trailer. Me neither, but I really think of Chloe Moretz as talented.
Another one he likes is Jason Statham after seeing him in Crank and Transporter, so he got all excited about The Expendables 2 trailer, good times.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2012 at 4:26am
So, seeing that poll being worked on, I assume there is no Worst of the Week this week?  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Indeed. Though DARK SHADOWS may turn out to be a "contender," this week's releases offer no Blatantly Obvious Choices as Worst of the Weak, so we're conducting a Forum Poll about SUMMER'S BIGGEST MOVIE BUMMERS. Here's the LINK to vote in the Poll -- and here's the LINK to join our Members' Discussion of both our choices...and your suggestions.  

We'll be back next week with BATTLESHIP (which looks alarmingly like it shoulda been titled TRANSFORMERS 4: YOU SUNK MY BATTLESHIP!) as our #1 Worst of the Weak choice...

Worst Career Achievement: Kim Jong-Un
THIS MUST HAPPEN!!!

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2012 at 9:42am

No, Oiram. All the bad movies got limited releases. In fact, MOTHER'S DAY is already out on DVD!

I think we should keep an eye on DARK SHADOWS. Tim Burton's last movie was ALICE IN WONDERLAND which got mixed reviews, and I think critics were too nice. They all admitted it was a visual treat with a bad story. Also, he doesn't always get it right with remakes.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2012 at 1:39pm

It appears, judging by the current RT score of 'Dark Shadows', Tim Burton may be starting to lose his spark (unless 'Frankenweenie' makes up for this) just like Clint Eastwood (from a directing perspective) has been doing these last two years.

And in other news:

Could this be a return to form for Ridley Scott (for one director beginning to lose his spark (Burton) we may see one regain his)? Preferably, we must wait for the reviews to find out... 
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2012 at 5:55pm
Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

It appears, judging by the current RT score of 'Dark Shadows', Tim Burton may be starting to lose his spark (unless 'Frankenweenie' makes up for this) just like Clint Eastwood (from a directing

Starting? He lost his spark a long time ago. Let's look at what he's done in the 2000's. The POTA remake was a disaster, a lot of people like Big Fish, but I haven't seen it, Charlie And The Chocolate Factory was less watchable than The Human Centipede, Corpse Bride and Sweeney Todd were watchable, but not spectacular, and Alice In Wonderland was terrible.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2012 at 6:08pm
Big surprise: http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2012/05/daily-duh-of-course-disney-is-making-avengers-2 The picture alone is worth clicking on the link.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 7:33am
The only new release here is a Chilean-Mexican collaboration żALGUIEN HA VISTO A LUPITA?. Oh, and also BATTLESHIP. What should I do?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 8:59am
I'd see one of the movies you suggested last week.

In other news, my last final is next Tuesday. I'll finally get back to reviews after that. Maybe a new week of reviews with The Three Musketeers, The Darkest Hour, The Vow, The Devil Inside, One For The Money, and two other movies.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 12:42pm
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 1:17pm
HAHAHAHAHAHA!! YES, please. 
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 2:13pm
WTF. Their other film hasn't even been released yet! This is too much. If everyone just ignores them, they'll go away! It's that simple!
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

God damnit!!!! Link: http://www.showblitz.com/2012/05/scary-movie-writers-sending-up-hunger-games.html

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 2:40pm
When will those 2 understand?! They can't afford to replicate the FX! It's just gonna look even more cheap!

I'll finally get back to reviews after that. Maybe a new week of reviews with The Three Musketeers, The Darkest Hour, The Vow, The Devil Inside, One For The Money, and two other movies.
Big smile
Full reviews?
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 2:54pm
Yeah full reviews. Here's something that'll cleanse the plate after that Seltzerberg bombshell: http://filmdrunk.uproxx.com/2012/05/gangster-squad-looks-badass-introduces-us-to-40s-gangster-baby-goose
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2012 at 3:14pm
I know you don't care about the MTV Movie Awards (I don't know if more or less since their new system), but Razzie nominee Russell Brand will be the host. What's odd is that recent hosts have been B-List comedians trying to be A-Listers (Jason Sudeikis, Aziz Ansari; Andy Samberg). He hosted the MTV Video Music Awards twice, and I found him painfully unfunny.

Yeah full reviews.
Big smileBig smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4243444546 113>