Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > YOGI BEAR in 3-D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hey, Hey! Whadda Big BOO-BOO!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hey, Hey! Whadda Big BOO-BOO!!
    Posted: December 12 2010 at 5:49pm
DOES a 3-D/CGI BEAR sh*t in the WOODS?!?!?  

WARNERS is OBVIOUSLY HOPING IT WILL -- and THAT IT'LL CRAP GREEN STUFF ALL OVER THIS BLATANT XEROX of the PAST 2 HOLIDAY SEASONS' HIDEOSITIES KNOWN as ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNX and ALVIN: THE SQUEAKQUEL

FEATURING 6-TIME RAZZIE NOMINEE (and 2-TIME "WINNER") DAN AYKROYD as the VOICE of YOGI and LOVE GURU CO-STAR JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE as BOO-BOO, YOGI BEAR LOOKS POISED to GRAB EVERY PIC-a-NICKING FAMILY's BOX OFFICE BUX from DEC. 17 on into the NEW YEAR. 

SO, WHY JUST GRIN and "BEAR" IT WHEN YOU CAN "UNLOAD" ALL OVER THIS BEAR BEFORE HE EVEN GETS OUTTA the WOODS... 

HAPPY HUNTING!!  

DIRECTOR: "When the critics said 'Off with their 
heads!' we didn't think it would be taken literally!!" 

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2010 at 7:20pm
Director: See, this right here is where the movie falls apart. And here, and this part here, and later on right here, and this part, and don't forget this part ....
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2010 at 7:43pm
Actually, it was 2 of the past 3 holiday seasons that Hollywood gave us Alvin and the Chipmunks.  It might get a lot of families to see it, but if they know better, they will probably just see Tron: Legacy instead.  As of right now, I don't think it is favored to win any Razzies, but there is a small chance it will get nominated.  Here are the categories it is eligible for and the favorites in each of them:

Worst Picture
Favorites: The Last Airbender, Vampires Suck

Worst Actor (Dan Aykroyd)
Favorite: Ashton Kutcher in Killers and Valentine's Day

Worst Director (Eric Brevig)
Favorite: M Night Shyamalan for The Last Airbender

Worst Screenplay (Written by Brad Copeland, Joshua Sternin, and Jeffrey Ventimilia; based on the cartoons by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera)
Favorite: The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (written by Melissa Rosenberg; based on the novel by Stephanie Meyer)

Worst Screen Couple (Dan Aykroyd and Justin Timberlake)
Favorite: Kristen Stewart and either Robert Pattinson or Taylor Lautner in The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Worst Supporting Actor (Justin Timberlake, Tom Cavanagh)
Favorites: Dev Patel in The Last Airbender, Jackson Rathbone in The Last Airbender and The Twilight Saga: Eclipse

Worst Supporting Actress (Anna Faris)
Favorite: Megan Fox in Jonah Hex

Worst Prequel, Remake, Ripoff or Sequel (a ripoff of a cartoon series by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera)
Favorite: Vampires Suck (a ripoff of everything it rips off)

Worst Eye-Gouging Mis-Use of 3-D
Top 6: Clash of the Titans (not originally filmed in 3-D), The Last Airbender (also not originally filmed in 3-D), My Soul to Take (worst wide-release 3-D box office gross), The Nutcracker (made only 0.2% of its budget back), Resident Evil Afterlife (randomly throwing weapons at the camera), Saw VII (It was dumb even without the 3-D)  

cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2010 at 7:49pm
If you don't feel that Yogi Bear is going to rack up some major noms at the Razzies, then I feel you are the weakest link!  
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2010 at 8:59pm
What kind of talk is that?  Who's gonna see this film before they fill out the Razzie nominating ballot?  We might be preoccupied working or attending bowl games or watching Tron: Legacy and True Grit (or Razzie contenders Little Fockers and Gulliver's Travels).  And what are we going to think if we compare this film to Vampires Suck, The Last Airbender, Killers, and Grown-Ups?  Where will it rank among those and the other awful films of the past year?
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2010 at 2:48am
You don't have kids, do you, Miguel?  Every parent not yet punished by the horrible Alvin & the Chickmumps and Alvin & the Chickmumps Makes You Squeak-uel will be hauled into seeing Yogi Bear, making it yet another awful, eye-gouging remake scoring well over $100 million at the box office.  At some point, the older population needs to point these so-called filmmakers at the Warner Brothers cartoons (as in Bug Bunny, Daffy Duck, Elmer Fudd, etc), which were directed at the adults, and insist these so-called filmmakers don't forget about us adults as well.

As for comparing it to Vampires Suck, The Last Airbender, and may I add Skyline, if the A&tC movies are any indication, Yogi Bear will fit right in.  Sad to say, but Grown-Ups actually looks good compared to those other movies (but I really shouldn't use the word "good" in the same sentence as Grown-Ups).  Killers just isn't bad enough.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2010 at 8:03am
No,dude. YOGI is a remake, not a rip-off.Although, the intentions on making either are the same.  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Worst Prequel, Remake, Ripoff or Sequel (a ripoff of a cartoon series by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera)
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2010 at 9:25am

The first Alvin movie was stuck behind I Am Legend and the second one was stuck behind Avatar.  Tron: Legacy is also rated PG, therefore Yogi Bear is not a shoo-in to top the box office charts this weekend.  Tron: Legacy is also more highly anticipated by moviegoers than Yogi Bear.  Alvin's colossal gross was not fueled by high-grossing weekends, but by being released at a time when people have more free time than they normally would.  Yogi Bear is taking advantage of this trend, but it may be stuck behind Tron: Legacy, True Grit, and any other big movies in the near future on the charts.

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2010 at 10:32am
So basically we're stuck choosing between a remake and a sequel?! At least TRON:LEGACY's reviews are almost as good as the first one, while YOGI already has bad word-of-mouth... 

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2010 at 11:49am
I'm recommending Tron: Legacy because it looks more appealing than its competitors.  How Do You Know is also out this week, but I don't know how critics are taking that one.  As for Yogi Bear, the character is smarter than the average bear, but reviews say the movie is not.

There is one question that hasn't been answered: How many of us are going to see Yogi Bear before we fill out the Razzie nominating ballots?  That should be a factor in determining whether or not it gets nominated and how many nominations it gets.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2010 at 1:48pm
I can't wait for those ballots to come out so we get the nominations over with.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2010 at 4:18pm
Yeah, me too.  Most of my nominations are already set (though I might have to change some of them once I see who's on the ballot).
Berrynoia View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Berrynoia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 5:54pm
Mr. Ranger isn't The critics aren't gonna like this, Yogi!

First we had the Flintstones (2 films), then Scooby Doo (2 films, and two made-for-TV films), and now Yogi (hopefully only one).

Incidentally, the Scooby films seemed to have a more positive reception from viewers (not the crix, of course!) and may have only made the mistake of being live action...I don't know that much, though.  Maybe it had to do with the first one's take on Scrappy or something.

Anyway, the nightmare has just begun.  In 2011, we see these blue people, but it's not Avatar 2, it's the Smurfs!  Then in 2012, meet George Jetson, his boy Elroy, daughter Judy, Jane his wife...you get the idea, a Jetsons movie!

Looks like they are going to milk the Hanna-Barbara characters for all they're worth.  I would not be surprised to see Huckleberry Hound, Snagglepuss, Galaxy Trio, Birdman, etc. get this treatment.  Once this is done, they will probably go to anime
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 7:48pm
I just can't wait for Magilla Gorilla, Quickdraw McGraw, Pixie and Dixie, Secret Squirrel and Hong Kong Phooey! . . . Wacko

Oh, groan.  They already have Jonny Quest in production, scheduled for a 2012 release.  This must be what the Mayans meant by the end of the world. . . . Dead

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 8:33pm

Actually, the Mayans didn't predict the end of the world, Nostradamus did.  Besides, this surplus of remakes and adaptations isn't going to kill anyone.  It might leave a bad impression on a lot of people, but it won't kill anyone.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 8:41pm
No, it'll just royally piss people off as Hollywood continues to rape their childhood memories. I think I might add cartoon adaptations as the unofficial 5th movie horseman (or at least add "especially if it's based on a cartoon series, video game, or toyline" in the part about unwanted adaptations).  

Originally posted by MiguelAntilsu

Actually, the Mayans didn't predict the end of the world, Nostradamus did.  Besides, this surplus of remakes and adaptations isn't going to kill anyone.  It might leave a bad impression on a lot of people, but it won't kill anyone.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>