Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN, PART 2
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed: Member Discussion of 2012's RAZZIE® Front-Runner!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Member Discussion of 2012's RAZZIE® Front-Runner!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Member Discussion of 2012's RAZZIE® Front-Runner!
    Posted: December 12 2012 at 7:53am
I wouldn't necessarily disagree with objections to comparisons of the Twilight movies to Star Wars if we limited the discussion to the first 3, but the last 3 were garbage, not significantly better than these movies. Even the first three Star Wars suffered many of the same plot deficiencies. I use that analogy not as a comparison between the overall quality of the films (which would be a stretch) but rather because many of the exact same criticisms can be leveled at both franchises but, for some reason, almost never are.
 As for HeadRAZZ's charge of the author "dicking around with basic elements of both vampire and werewolf lore," as previously noted, there are simply too many radically divergent cultural variations to pretend that the matter is set in stone. In fact, some of the variations that have been used in this series have also been utilized in previous American films. 

Make no mistake on my stand here: I think these films are basically crap. However, I have a disturbing suspicion that if the primary audience for these films was teenage boys rather than teenage girls, we might not be treating them with the same derision.  
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2012 at 11:15am
That's because, no matter the franchise, fan boys don't cry when their favorite movies are over...They do scream when there's an announcement of any kind, but they aren't shrill.

And I stand by what I said before: Although HARRY POTTER and THE HUNGER GAMES are good movies, their fans can be just as annoying! 
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 7:40pm
Everybody is voting for this one, right?  Just checking. . . .
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 9:48pm
Not me! I did my best to vote AGAINST The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 AND John Carter. Every year someone or other hypes the wrong film(s) for RAZZIE nominations -- and once the reviews prove that one of our prime targets is not that bad, people like me have to worry about throwing our votes away. That's why most of my nominations went to other, far worse films that had the best odds of beating Carter and Twilight 5 to the finals, such as Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, A Thousand Words, That's My Boy, and One For the Money, with an occasional vote for Battleship. I only cast 2 or 3 votes (out of a possible 50) for Underworld: Awakening, Resident Evil: Retribution, Silent Hill Revelation 3D, and Gone because I didn't want to put too much wager on things that had less of a chance. 

Though the situation isn't quite as dire as Rambo IV back in 2008, I won't be happy if I fail in my efforts...  

My deadlines for Member-Started Forums, given 35% approval rating or less: Mrc. 25; Divergent. Apl. 1; NOAH, Sabotage. Apl. 15; Oculus. Apl. 22; A Haunted House 2. Apl. 29; The Other Woman.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2012 at 10:17pm
I agree with you on John Carter, but don't you feel as a whole that the entire series of Twilight movies has to be one of the worst franchises in movie history?  I mean, sparkly vampires and beefcake werewolves played by actors who can't act, with special effects that are more botched than special - gimme a break!  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 13 2013 at 9:55am
My comments:

Any thoughts?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 05 2013 at 9:04am
Remember how awful the CGI for Renesmee was? Now I'm suddenly grateful for it.
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Up-next: Reefer Madness
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345