Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > COMPLETE LIST of 2010 RELEASES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

MEMBER STARTED FORUM: THE TOURIST

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MEMBER STARTED FORUM: THE TOURIST
    Posted: December 11 2010 at 4:41pm

STARRING JOHNNY DEPP AFTER HIS WORK ON THE DECIDEDLY AVERAGE ALICE IN WONDERLAND, AND CO-STARRING ANGELINA JOLIE (THE EXACT REASON WE THOUGHT HER FILM SALT, RELEASED IN JULY, WOULD BE THIS DRY), THE TOURIST HOPED TO SCORE ANOTHER OSCAR NOMINATION FOR DEPP, WHOSE LAST THREE GOOD OR PASSABLE FILMS WERE THE IMAGINARIUM OF DR PARNASSUS, PUBLIC ENEMIES, AND SWEENEY TODD: THE DEMON BARBER OF FLEET STREET.

THE DIRECTION AND LEAD STARS SUFFERED FROM HIGH TURNOVER, THE ONLY THING THIS HAS GOING FOR IT IS THE SCENERY DESIGN. THE PLOT, SCRIPT, AND CHEMISTRY ARE DOWN TO HOLLYWOOD'S USUAL STANDARDS. IT HAS A TERRIBLE 21% AT ROTTEN TOMATOES, AND EVERY LAST ONE OF THE TOP CRITICS HATED IT!

BUT ONE OF US SHOULDN'T SHINE A BAD LIGHT ON THIS. IT'S YOUR TURN TO TAKE A JOURNEY AND SEE WHAT YOU HATE ABOUT IT.

THIS PAST YEAR SHOULD'VE BEEN TAKEN AS A CRYPTIC WARNING: MANY OF OUR CONTENDERS TOOK PLACE IN ITALY, BUT WE GUESSED WRONG: SALT WASN'T NEARLY AS DRY AS THIS!
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2010 at 6:45pm
This movie was all about "Oh my lord, it's Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie in a movie together for the first time ever!". And that's the only reason why any one would see it, because everything else about it sucked.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2010 at 2:58pm
Yeah,that's true.Too bad,because the director is also the one from THE LIVES OF THE OTHERS.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2010 at 7:08pm
I haven't seen this yet, but reading about this reminds me of Legal Eagles - an all-star movie that is dull, dull, dull.  Hardly bad enough for a Razzie, but bad enough for us to ask - why?  Or maybe even better, why not make a great movie with these two stars instead?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 8:47am
This has been nominated for 3 Golden Globes.I'll discuss it here.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 11:55am
Originally posted by Vits

This has been nominated for 3 Golden Globes.I'll discuss it here.
I know the GGs had to fill their Best Comedy category spots with SOMETHING, but this of all things?!
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2010 at 12:01pm
The Globes nominating this film - What was 'Kick-Ass' too much to ask for? Was 'Please Give' simply not good enough for them? It just goes to show how low some people will go...
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2010 at 1:05pm
Yeah, where is "Easy A" or "Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World"? But oh no, we need to make sure Depp and Jolie show up!  
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2010 at 3:55am
I have more problems with the fact that none of the "Scott Pilgrim" songs made it onto the Best Song-"shortlist" for the Oscars. 

But at least Emma Stone got a Globe nomination. 

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Here's a LINK to the Official Oscar® Site to check out their preliminary Best Song contenders list -- A staggering 41 SONGS are considered eligible...  
JoeBoyden View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBoyden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2010 at 6:32am

For me, the biggest snubs were the omission of Get Low's Robert Duvall and the total shut out of Another Year. Fortunately, Duvall did receive a SAG nomination.

My Picks... so far:
Worst Picture BUCKY LARSON
Worst Actor Shia LaBeouf
Worst Actress Martin Lawrence
Worst Sup Actor John Turturro
Worst Sup Actress Vanessa Hudgens
Worst Director Michael Bay
Jennifar View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Jennifar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2011 at 10:53am
This is really amazing. This movie was all about "Oh my lord, it's Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie in a movie together for the first time ever!". And that's the only reason why any one would see it, because everything else about it sucked.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2011 at 12:43pm
I just saw it.

You know the stereotype of the director,cast and crew arriving to the set and the script isn't finished,so the director shoots random things?This felt that way.It was like some people thougth "Hey!Angelina Jolie and Johnny Depp are megastars but have never worked together.Let's make a movie with them!".Then they found out about the original french movie,and arrived to a set without any idea of what to do(and somehow this had 3 Oscar winning writers!).

This created a lot of controversy over it's Golden Globes nominations.It was the director who submitted it under Comedy Or Musical because he felt it was an action thriller,but between drama and comedy it was a comedy.I actually agree with him...sort of.Since the movie has literally 2 action scenes,it has to be either drama or comedy.It's small amount of comic relief is more than the seriousness,so it's a comedy.

The 2 actors were nominated too.They were doing what they usually do but more lazy.I know FRANK was suppossed to be confused for everything that was going on,and ELISE was suppossed ti be a mysterious sensual spy,but they spend the same way the entire movie,and it feels like they have no real personality.

The movie was just one really long build up...to nothing of course.As for the complains about the chemistry...it was weak but it got a little better as the movie went along.Far from the worst movie couples.

I give this 1/10(it got close to 3,but I saw the ending coming from a mile away,except I didn't see it would have so many plot holes).
 Post Reply Post Reply