Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on FINAL DESTINATION 5 in 3-D
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' Discussion of FINAL D 5 in 3-D

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' Discussion of FINAL D 5 in 3-D
    Posted: August 08 2011 at 9:33am
OTHER THAN MOVIEWIZGUY, WE EXPECT MOST FORUM MEMBERS (and a MAJORITY of AMERICAN FILM CRITICS) to CONCUR WITH THIS WEEK's WORST of the WEAK CHOICE... 

SO...WHAT R U WAITING FOR?  

LET the RANDOM SLAUGHTER BEGIN! 

...and FOR the CURIOUS, HERE's a LINK to READ YE OLDE HEAD RAZZBERRY's COMMENTS on FINAL D 5 in 3-D...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2011 at 10:21am
I personally expect this will suck, but then again I also thought that Fast Five, Captain America, Rise of the Planet of the Apes and the Glee Concert Movie would all suck (and see what happened with them).  

So I am not going to say anything about this one until after reviews are in (or maybe untill I've seen it myself)....  

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2011 at 12:00pm
Don't worry, I doubt this one will be following those movies' example.  

And one request to moviewizguy: please DO NOT wet yourself if or when the first 10 reviews from RT are good. WAIT until they reach 100 reviews so we know for a fact if this is rotten or not. We all know you have been dreaming about this movie since it was annouced, but if you think there's a chance in hell of the 5th installment of a horror movie franchise that went stale 5 years ago is going to redeem the series ... then you really are dreaming!  

Originally posted by Vheid

I personally expect this will suck, but then again I also thought that Fast Five, Captain America, Rise of the Planet of the Apes. 
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2011 at 12:18pm
Of all the movies Vheid listed, Fast Five was an "adrenaline thriller", The First Avenger was a superhero film, I can't classify Rise of the Planet of the Apes, and Glee: The 3D Concert Movie is a concert film. Assuming RotPotA was not a horror, I can't see how Final Destination 5 will pull an upset on us.
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Jly 25; Ratner's Hercules, Besson's Lucy. Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2011 at 2:49pm
Well, "Fast 5" was a straight up action movie, and "RotPotA" is a sci-fi thriller. Case closed for "FD5". 

Originally posted by GTAHater767

Assuming RotPotA was not a horror, I can't see how Final Destination 5 will pull an upset on us.
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2011 at 4:21pm
Agreed! I knew this would suck when I first heard about it. And it'll still be bad enough when we worry about Spy Kids 4 and the Conan the Barbarian and Fright Night remakes.
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2011 at 5:32pm
I am having second thoughts whether all three of thm are going to be as bad as we are expecting them to be... but we'll see...

Originally posted by jesse685

Agreed! I knew this would suck when I first heard about it. And it'll still be bad enough when we worry about Spy Kids 4 and the Conan the Barbarian and Fright Night remakes.
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2011 at 8:46pm
We've had our fair share of swing and misses this summer in terms of what we originally assumed would be bad, but i have a strong feeling this will not be one of them.
I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2011 at 9:22pm
I heard the Fright Night remake was actually pretty good. I mean, it's not as if the original is a masterpiece, because it wasn't. It was quite cheesy if you think about it.  

Also, I think it's finally time for people to talk about this music video the FD5 cast did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lNEQAXX43g
As said before, it's a parody of Saved By the Bell.

Additionally, I would like to point out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCbLcvdAuRs
If you watch between 1:25-1:52, Tony Todd says that if FD5 make $50 million, the two upcoming sequels will reveal who he is. Seeing how the FD films generally make over $50 million quite easily, I think it's safe to assume we'll be getting #6 and #7 in the near future. 

Originally posted by jesse685

Agreed! I knew this would suck when I first heard about it. And it'll still be bad enough when we worry about Spy Kids 4 and the Conan the Barbarian and Fright Night remakes.
Mayhem5185 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Mayhem5185 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 08 2011 at 9:48pm
How about we discuss the music video instead. It's an accurate portrayal of how i feel about this specific film, and future Final Destination movies even being made:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlzoL-wQwio  

Originally posted by moviewizguy

Also, I think it's finally time for people to talk about this music video the FD5 cast did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lNEQAXX43g
I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin
jesse685 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote jesse685 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 1:42am
LOL!!! LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
"If you can't make it good, make it 3D!" Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
F**k Yeah/WTF Were They Thinking Awards Results Live-Tweet @jesse685
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 8:00am
Wow, this is the THIRD time you have posted about that. You're as obsessed about that music video as the studio has been about continuing to make "FD" movies!  

Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 8:03am
Yeah, the original Fright Night was a far from perfect movie, but that is not the point. The point is all these endless remakes. Hollywood has no new ideas, so it's like they just reach into a hat with 20-30 year old movie titles inside, pick out a random title...and remake it. 

How lazy can you get?  

I heard the Fright Night remake was actually pretty good. I mean, it's not as if the original is a masterpiece because it wasn't. It's quite cheesy if you think about it.
moviewizguy View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote moviewizguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 9:23am
Well, I wouldn't have posted it 3 times if somebody, you know, actually responded to it. It's not that I'm obsessed, it's that nobody responded to it -- and it's actually pretty funny!   

Originally posted by Michaels

Wow, this is the THIRD time you have posted that.

Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 10:44am
The original Fright Night is still many times better than either of the Schwarzenegger/Conan-movies (neither of which I've been able to sit through untill the end)... I have to admit that the ending of Fright Night was all over the place, but I found the build up towards the ending pretty solid... 

In the end, it's all just another rip-off of Rear Window (just like Disturbia)... So the Fright Night-remake is technically a remake of a rip-off of Rear Window! 

I heard the Fright Night remake was actually pretty good. I mean, it's not as if the original is a masterpiece, because it wasn't. It was quite cheesy if you think about it.  

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 09 2011 at 12:15pm

Well, I wouldn't have posted it 3 times if somebody, you know, actually responded to it. It's not that I'm obsessed, it's that nobody responded to it -- and it's actually pretty funny! 

Maybe it's because no one gives a flying f***, just maybe.

As for "Fright Night", I have an idea for H-Wood. I hope they are sitting down for it, because it might blow their minds. If you want to make a movie about a vampire as a serial killer ... make a wholly original movie about a vampire as a serial killer! Wow, I bet that blew them away! But no, they have to make a movie about a vampire as a serial killer and then attached the "Fright Night" name to it in order to leech off the success of another movie. Lazy bastards indeed.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>