Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Forum Discussion & Add'l Info on NEW YEAR'S EVE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Members' DISCUSSION of NEW YEAR'S EVE

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Members' DISCUSSION of NEW YEAR'S EVE
    Posted: December 07 2011 at 10:02am
HERE YA GO -- HERE's WHERE to HAVE a GO at ONE of 2011's BERRY LAST, BERRY MOST STAR-STUNTED TITLES, NEW YEAR'S EVE...  

...AND WHILE YER AT IT, HERE's the LINK to CHECK OUT the OFFICIAL RAZZIE® TAKE on THIS FILM...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2011 at 10:33am
OK, I'm just gonna come out and say... I'm considering watching this at a cinema. That's right. You know why? Putting aside the fact that I felt VALENTINE'S DAY was merely average, I'm looking at what's on theaters right now, and there is a lot of crap. Sure, this one is more likely to be bad than good, but there are movies that are worth it. I've seen a lot of bad movies in cinemas in my life, but almost none of them have felt like a waste of time, because I say "It was worth the risk".

VALENTINE'S DAY was an excuse to bring stars together, but at least there was a purpose: combine every romantic comedy ever*. This one doesn't even have that. I mean, it's probably another combination of rom-com clichés, but if it's not the first one, what's the point? Anyway, I want to believe that the sweetness in Garry Marshall's movies (or obligation to please) and the cast (come on, at least half the actors have to be at least decent) will help.

*LOVE ACTUALLY didn't do that, it wanted to combine all the types of love. That's different.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2011 at 4:41pm
Let's break this down:

Like in VALENTINE'S DAY, the actors with the most possibilities to be nominated are the ones that were in other movies this year: Chris LUDACRIS Bridges (FAST FIVE and NO STRINGS ATTACHED); Josh Duhamel (TRANSFORMERS 3); Cary Elwes (NO STRINGS ATTACHED and TINTIN); Common (HAPPY FEET 2); Robert De Niro (KILLER ELITE and LIMITLESS); Carla Gugino (MR. POPPER'S PENGUINS and SUCKER PUNCH); Ashton Kutcher (NO STRINGS ATTACHED); Seth Meyers and Sarah Jessica Parker (I DON'T KNOW HOW SHE DOES IT); Lea Michele (GLEE: THE 3D CONCERT MOVIE); Til Schweiger (THE 3 MUSKETEERS); Sofia Vergara (HAPPY FEET 2 and THE SMURFS).

As HeadRAZZ has stated in the past, he also considers Razzie nominees and/or winners, or repeat offenders: Halle Berry; Jessica Biel; Zac Efron; Katherine Heigl.

I don't know if Jim Belushi, Jon Bon Jovi, Alyssa Milano and Michelle Pfeiffer are repeat offenders or not. I know that Abigail Breslin and Hector Elizondo aren't. Will they be in consideration too?
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2011 at 5:33pm

Was this movie made to piss me off? It's filled with people that I hate. Assface, Katherine Heigl, Horseface, Bon Jovi. Especially Bon Jovi, because he always shows up on the rock stations I listen to, usually between good bands like AC/DC, Eagles, Led Zeppelin, and The Rolling Stones.

I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
davecampbell View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote davecampbell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2011 at 9:33am
After an entire year of Hollywood seemingly making movies just to make money, this looks like the most blatant example of that trend. And the saddest part: This star-studded P.O.S. will probably...make lotsa money.
ElDiablo2112 View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote ElDiablo2112 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2011 at 9:36am
As my Forum Name implies, I am indeed a spokesperson for Satan.  And, yes, it was El Diablo who put Hollywood up to making this pile o' crap...and about 97% of what was released in 2011. 

Next week, look for more of my boss's handywork on ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS: CHIP-WRECKED...  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: Welcome aboard, "Satan's minion"...  Your sarcasm should fit in well here.  

...You were being sarcastic, I assume??  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2011 at 10:01am
I was thinking... you know what would be cool? And actually an improvement on VALENTINE'S DAY? There should be a scene where all the actors are together. A lot of "reunions" do that: the OCEAN trilogy, FAST FIVE, THE AVENGERS, even when all the RED POWER RANGERS got together. What's the point of these movies if we only see all the stars together in the poster?
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Especially Bon Jovi, because he always shows up on the rock stations I listen to, usually between good bands like AC/DC, Eagles, Led Zeppelin, and The Rolling Stones.
You're not going to hell for what you said about Run DMC, yo're going to hell for this.LOL
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2011 at 10:03am
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2011 at 12:34pm
That made me laugh. That has happened to me before too, enjoying a classic "Bad Company" song, followed by this wannabe rocker. Plus, I can't recall which crappy movie it was but all of a sudden Bon Jovi showed up as a teacher. Didn't see that one coming!

ETA: The movie was "Cry Wolf" with Jared Padalecki from the "Friday 13th" remake, as one of the lead actors. Padalecki is also One BAD Actor.  

Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Especially Bon Jovi, because he always shows up on the rock stations I listen to, usually between good bands like AC/DC, Eagles, Led Zeppelin, and The Rolling Stones.

RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2011 at 1:06pm
You're not gonna like this mbh. http://www.futurerocklegends.com/The_Snub_List.php Bon Jovi's been eligible for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame for three years and they've been nominated once. Bad Company's been eligible for 12 years and they've NEVER been nominated!*

There's a Bon Jovi movie where he's looking through his girlfriend's stuff and finds a sex toy. I can't remember the name, but that scene was just hilarious. (Edit: it's called The Leading Man. It co-stars past Razzie targets Thandie Newton, Lambert Wilson, and Nicole Kidman)

*Bon Jovi's, also, been nominated more times than Barry White, The Cars, Cheap Trick, Deep Purple, Def Leopard, Dick Dale, Dire Straits, ELO, Iron Maiden, Journey, Judad Priest, The Moody Blues, Roxy Music, Rush, Steppenwolf, Steve Miller, Thin Lizzy, Warren Zevon, Weird Al, Willie Nelson, Yes, The Zombies, and many other better artists who've been eligible longer. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame makes the Golden Globes looks like us!
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2011 at 4:07pm

New Year's Eve now has an appalling approval rating of 6% at Rotten T and terrible reviews at Metacritic (24%), so this should definitely be nominated for Worst Ensemble Cast. The only one who should be nominated in the acting categories is Sarah Jessica Parker because she also starred in I Don't Know How She Does It.

If we need a Bonus Worst New Movie this week, I'd recommend The Sitter, assuming the review scores will continue to plunge (as of Dcb.  8 at 16:11, 25% at RT and 44% at MC).
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2011 at 4:41pm
I'm aware of that list. My heart is bleeding for "Journey", but at least "Lynyrd Skynyrd" made it.
I mean, just listen to "Wheel in the Sky" and "Simple Man", and THEN listen to Bon Jovi's "It's My life".

Bon Jovi as a music act is as overhyped and undeservingly successful as Twilight. It's women who think his music is great (and that he's good looking). And those same ones probably will think "New Year's Eve" is a great movie.

I don't care if people like his music, but I do care if they think he would be more deserving than "Journey". And his repeated attempts to be an actor are annoying as well.
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2011 at 5:09pm
I actually think that Bon Jovi's worse than Twatlight! It's easy to avoid watching or reading it. With Bon Jovi, specifically if you're in a car, he's harder to ignore as he can pop up any time.

To get back to the topic of New Year's Eve, this is the fifth movie this year that Peter Travers has given zero stars to!
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 08 2011 at 5:50pm
Just like "Valentine's Day", this film takes a number of big names and squanders any potential they have.  If this succeeds at the box office, then we might end up having to deal with another one of these movies later.  "New Year's Eve" looks like a huge Worst Picture contender with a Tomatometer rating of 6% and a Metascore of 21, but it's up against "The Undefeated", "The Roommate", "Breaking Dawn Part 1", "Big Momma's House 3", "Abduction", and four Adam Sandler products.
Film Reel Redemption View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Film Reel Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2011 at 12:32am

This movie has pretty much assembled a large all-star cast, took the talents from each member and proceeded to throw them to the wind (waste the potential talent it had*). 

*As I said on the main forum concerning all releases, this is pretty much the opposite of a certain other movie with an all-star cast that comes out the same week as 'New Year's Eve'

You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Online
Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2011 at 4:44am
Yeardly Smith's in this. Makes me angry because I want to marry her, but now she has to be a part of Worst Ensemble.
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>