Print Page | Close Window

Forum Members' Discussion of JUST GO WITH IT...

Printed From: Official RAZZIE® Forum
Category: INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS
Forum Name: Discussion & Add'l INFO on JUST GO WITH IT
Forum Discription: Where to Express Yer Thoughts & Find Reviews, B.O. #s, etc. on THis Film
URL: http://www.razzies.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4818
Printed Date: October 23 2014 at 1:36am

Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of JUST GO WITH IT...
Posted By: HeadRAZZBerry
Subject: Forum Members' Discussion of JUST GO WITH IT...
Date Posted: February 08 2011 at 4:41pm
HERE's WHERE to UNLOAD ALL OVER RAZZIE® VETERANS ADAM SANDLER and JENNIFER ANISTON in THEIR FIRST "ROM/COM" TOGETHER, the PAINT-by-NUMBERS/HOW-LONG-WILL-IT-TAKE-ADAM-to-FIGURE-OUT-JENNIFER's-JUST-RIGHT-for-HIM GLOP FEST JUST GO WITH IT...  

-------------
Ye Olde Head RAZZberry

Replies:
Posted By: Vits
Date Posted: February 08 2011 at 4:47pm
To answer your question,I predict he'll figure it out mear the climax of the movie, 10-20 minutes before is over (should I write "spoiler alert"?). There's a chance he'll figure out in the middle, or even near the beginning, but we know better than that...right? I mean, they didn't know better when they decided to make this in the first place.

-------------
You can follow me http://www.twitter.com/@Vits_Chile - @Vits_Chile

Posted By: Vheid
Date Posted: February 08 2011 at 4:51pm
Is anyone else but me finding it a bit odd and far fetched that he is picking up girls by wearing a wedding ring?

Date Posted: February 08 2011 at 4:56pm
Not really. Many people(women too) do it. You know what is odd and far fetched? In every movie Sandler plays more and more irresistible ladies men. He's not ugly, but...come on!

-------------

Date Posted: February 08 2011 at 5:07pm
Really? I'll guess i'll blame that one on cultural diferences then.

Posted By: GTAHater767
Date Posted: February 08 2011 at 6:11pm
Though there were people who seemed to like Grown-Ups back in the spring quarter of 2010, they weren't as numerous as those who ate up Chuck & Larry, Zohan, Little Nicky, Mr. Deeds, or Grandma's Boy. I expect to scream if the Sandler fans eat THIS up!

By the way, I'm VERY satisfied with The Bounty Hunter being nominated for Worst Picture in the Worst of 2010 awards.

-------------

Date Posted: February 08 2011 at 6:18pm
This also seems to be another remake. Acording to wikipedia/imdb it was based on a 1969 film named Cactus Flower starring Ingrid Bergman, Walter Mathau and Goldie Hawn.

At least it admits being a remake unlike a certain psycho/stalker film we all know...

-------------

Posted By: BurnHollywoodBurn
Date Posted: February 08 2011 at 8:07pm
I, too, really find the premise odd. Only in an Adam Sandler movie would hot chicks go running into the arms of an unhappily married man. Unless that man is a millionaire, which unfourtunately, Sandler is! 

Originally posted by Vheid

Is anyone else but me finding it a bit odd and far fetched that he is picking up girls by wearing a wedding ring?

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Posted By: cvcjr13
Date Posted: February 09 2011 at 2:56am
For the record, http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=grandmasboy.htm - Grandma's Boy bombed .  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

Though there were people who seemed to like Grown-Ups back in the spring quarter of 2010, they weren't as numerous as those who ate up Chuck & Larry, Zohan, Little Nicky, Mr. Deeds, or Grandma's Boy. I expect to scream if the Sandler fans eat THIS up!

By the way, I'm VERY satisfied with The Bounty Hunter being nominated for Worst Picture in the Worst of 2010 awards.

-------------

Date Posted: February 09 2011 at 6:55am
But GTAHater still has a point. Sandler's braindead fans would run to the theaters just to watch Sandler sitting on a toilet for 2 hours. And "Grandma's Boy" bombed because Sandler himself wasn't in it, all of his talentless friends who co-star in almost all of his movies did.

-------------
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.

Posted By: MiguelAntilsu
Date Posted: February 09 2011 at 7:00am

Normally, a wedding ring would warn away chicks.  Adam Sandler is using one to pick up chicks even though he's not actually married (but he says he is to his girlfriends).  He begins to form a relationship with Brooklyn Decker.  When Decker discovers Sandler's ring, she doesn't want to get involved.  So in order to try and win Decker back, he asks his assistant Jennifer Aniston to pose as his wife.

The film is directed by Dennis Dugan who has worked with Adam Sandler on five previous occasions.  Based on recent history, Dugan and Sandler projects haven't been well received by critics.  Here are the Tomatometer ratings for each of their projects:

Happy Gilmore: 59%
Big Daddy: 40%
I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry: 14%
You Don't Mess with the Zohan: 36%
Grown Ups: 10%

That's not a very good track record for either one of them.  They have another film coming out in which Sandler plays a guy and his annoying twin sister.  It's not finished yet, but it's expected to be released sometime this year.

-------------

Date Posted: February 09 2011 at 9:49am
Miguel, I have a very bad feeling about that film (Jack & Jill). How does Adam Sandler in drag having a thing with Al Pacino playing himself, sound like a good movie?

Date Posted: February 09 2011 at 10:15am
I consider Dennis Dugan one of the worst directors.I have liked some of his movies,but I always consider them to have bad directing anyway.I'm not sure if he's worst when Adam Sandler stars in his movies or not.But Adam has become less funny.

I know you're against the People's Choice Awards,but they just aired a few days ago and I have to complain:During the "Favorite Comedic Star" nominees montage,Adam was the only one that wasn't even trying to be funny,he just said the stupid line.How did I feel when Jennifer Aniston(coincidence?)said his name?I don't want to know.

-------------

Posted By: oiram
Date Posted: February 09 2011 at 2:33pm
Wouldn't Just Go With It being based on Cactus Flower make this Adam Sandler's third remake?

-------------
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Date Posted: February 09 2011 at 2:56pm
It's actually his fourth.He had a cameo in MIXED NUTS.

-------------

Date Posted: February 10 2011 at 6:33am
Here's Roger Ebert's take on 'Just Go With It': http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110209/REVIEWS/110209980 - LINK .

-------------

Posted By: Film Reel Redemption
Date Posted: February 10 2011 at 7:51am
Sandler can run, but he can't hide from us. If he focused more on playing against his typecast image (like in 'Punch Drunk Love', 'Reign on Me' and 'Funny People') he wouldn't be in this situation. 

Some of you may know this, others may not, but Sandler was considered to play Max in Michael Mann's 2004 crime-thriller 'Collateral' before losing the role to Jamie Foxx.

-------------
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.

Date Posted: February 10 2011 at 11:40am
Thank goodness Sandler didn't get the role in COLLATERAL -- That would have ruined the movie!

-------------

Posted By: moorlock2003
Date Posted: February 10 2011 at 10:45pm
Anyone who would fall for a movie with such a lazy title deserves what they get. I'd rather "Just Go Without It". Beware of movies opening in January and February. That's when a lot of duds are dumped onto an unsuspecting public.

-------------
Fred Cooper

Date Posted: February 11 2011 at 1:35pm
Here's a review from Peter Travers: http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/reviews/just-go-with-it-20110211 - LINK .

-------------

Posted By: Mayhem5185
Date Posted: February 11 2011 at 4:00pm
Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

Sandler can run, but he can't hide from us. If he focused more on playing against his typecast image (like in 'Punch Drunk Love', 'Reign on Me' and 'Funny People') he wouldn't be in this situation. 

The problem with that is whenever he does go against his typecast, even a little bit, his movies bomb, but when he acts like a 4 year old he makes millions.

Date Posted: February 11 2011 at 4:19pm
Originally posted by Mayhem5185

The problem with that is whenever he does go against his typecast, even a little bit, his movies bomb, but when he acts like a 4 year old he makes millions.
Yeah, that's what I was talking about when I wrote about actors being typecasted. Audiences know Sandler best for acting like a man-child, so those are the only kind of roles he gets. When he tries anything else, the movie fails.

-------------

Date Posted: February 11 2011 at 5:32pm
Richard Roeper gave this film a D- and said he was being kind.  Based on the amount of heat this movie is taking, Dugan and Sandler won't be able to escape Razzie nominations.

-------------

Date Posted: February 11 2011 at 5:39pm
Miguel, i totally agree mainly because Dugan will have two razzie-worthy films out by then and Sandler will have three.

Posted By: GTAHater767
Date Posted: February 11 2011 at 6:27pm
Originally posted by Vheid

Miguel, i totally agree mainly because Dugan will have two razzie-worthy films out by then and Sandler will have three.
I know one of Sandler's other movies for this year (Jack & Jill). What are their other movies for this year?

-------------

Date Posted: February 12 2011 at 1:22pm
GTAhater, Adam Sandler will have played in three films (Just Go With It, Zookeeper and as you stated earlier Jack & Jill) And Dennis Dugan will have directed two of those (Just Go With It and Jack & Jill).

It's maybe to early to call, but i have a gut feeling that Jack & Jill may turn out to be this years Gigli.

Date Posted: February 12 2011 at 2:30pm
Sandler might as well write his own name on the Razzie voting ballot by appearing in all these movies in one year. As for Dennis Dugan, I wonder how big of a kiss-ass and/or yes-man he is, now that he's Sandler's bitch, er, I mean director of choice.

-------------

Posted By: oiram
Date Posted: February 13 2011 at 4:15am
Dosn't saying the b word violate the terms of service of this Forum?
Originally posted by BurnHollywoodBurn

Sandler might as well write his own name on the Razzie voting ballot by appearing in all these movies in one year. As for Dennis Dugan, I wonder how big of a kiss-ass and/or yes-man he is, now that he's Sandler's bitch, er, I mean director of choice.

-------------
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Date Posted: February 13 2011 at 5:27am
Originally posted by oiram

Dosn't saying the b word violate the terms of service of this Forum?
I'm guessing if it's not part of George Carlin's "Seven Words You Can't Say On TV" rountine, it's okay to say here.

-------------

Date Posted: February 13 2011 at 11:14am
35% in M.C. and 20% in R.T..Sounds like a contender to me.

-------------

Date Posted: February 13 2011 at 11:20am
But you can:

Sh*t, p*ss, f*ck, c*nt, c*cks*ck*r, m*th*rf*ck*r and t*ts.

Razzie nominating b*ll*t.

See?

-------------

Date Posted: February 14 2011 at 11:50am
Originally posted by Vits

But you can:

Sh*t, p*ss, f*ck, c*nt, c*cks*ck*r, m*th*rf*ck*r and t*ts.

Razzie nominating b*ll*t.

See?
See what? All I see are a bunch of censored words.

-------------

Date Posted: February 14 2011 at 12:46pm
But technically I said them.LOL

-------------

Posted By: Film Reel Redemption
Date Posted: February 16 2011 at 8:34am

Get this, 78% of the RT community actually LIKE this movie. It just goes to show how totally addicted to Sandler's 'brain dead retard' some people are.

-------------
You see in this filmmaking world there's two types of people my friend. Those with the knowledge of film and those who think they do but really don't.

Posted By: Jennifar
Date Posted: February 25 2011 at 6:24am
There's a chance he'll figure out in the middle, or even near the beginning, but we know better than that...right? I mean, they didn't know better when they decided to make this in the first place.

Posted By: Jennifar
Date Posted: April 15 2011 at 2:48am
I thought this was a good movie!    

-------------
http://stopringinginearshelp.com - stop ringing in ears

Posted By: mbh
Date Posted: April 24 2011 at 5:00am
I seriously can't believe this made so much money. This movie is my own personal nightmare.

-------------

Posted By: mbh
Date Posted: April 24 2011 at 5:08am
1. They are begging for Razzies.  

2. I don't know, but way too much!

But sadly, it worked -- People did go and watch it...for reasons I don't understand. At all!  

-------------

Posted By: SchumacherH8ter
Date Posted: May 05 2011 at 7:31pm
They're showing this at my school tomorrow night*. I'll tell you guys about it then.

*Yeah, Le Moyne shows a lot of bad movies. At least they're free and, mostly, short. I hate bad movies that are long.

-------------
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html

Posted By: Michaels
Date Posted: May 05 2011 at 8:35pm
Originally posted by Film Reel Redemption

Get this, 78% of the RT community actually LIKE this movie. It just goes to show how totally addicted to Sandler's 'brain dead retard' some people are.
That's odd, I thought being "brain dead retarded" was a requirement in order to be a fan of Sandler's tiresome "brain dead retard" rountine.

-------------
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)

Date Posted: May 06 2011 at 1:30pm
Sandler's older movies (i.e. Happy Gilmore, The Waterboy) and his "non-Adam Sandler" movies (i.e. The Wedding Singer, Punch Drunk Love, 50 First Dates, Funny People) are watchable. The problem is that Sandler realized that he could churn out a completely brain-dead product* and make a killing.

*His older movies where brain-dead, but had some "genius" to them (i.e. the "dumbest thing ever" speech from Billy Madison.)

-------------

Date Posted: May 06 2011 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by SchumacherH8ter

Sandler's older movies (i.e. Happy Gilmore, The Waterboy) and his "non-Adam Sandler" movies (i.e. The Wedding Singer, Punch Drunk Love, 50 First Dates, Funny People) are watchable.
Watchable ... MAYBE. But tolerable? Oh NO!

-------------
"Just once I want my life to be like an 80's movie ... but, no, no. John Hughes did not direct my life." ("Easy A", 2010)

Date Posted: May 06 2011 at 9:00pm
Just got back. Sandler's regressed even further. His character was very unlikable; he lies to cute, innocent Brooklyn Decker and, apparantly, he was going to fake the children's deaths!?!?! What the f*ck?!? Also, Rob Schneider must have pissed off Adam Sandler, because he's not in here. Instead, Nick Swardson's here and, it pains me to say this, Swardson's actually worse than the usual Schneider performance.

-------------

Posted By: vivian
Date Posted: May 07 2011 at 1:01am
I have a very bad feeling about Adam's next film (Jack & Jill). How does Adam Sandler in drag having a thing with Al Pacino (playing himself) sound like a good movie?? 

-------------

Date Posted: May 07 2011 at 5:02am
Sandler and Pacino as a couple sounds like nightmare fuel.

-------------

Date Posted: May 07 2011 at 7:19am
Wow! One guy who acts like a man-child, and one guy who acts like he's bipolar -- whatta combination!  

Sandler and Pacino as a couple sounds like nightmare fuel.

-------------

Posted By: Mayhem5185
Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 1:41am
See, I love Sandler's older films, too. I can still watch them and find some amount of humor (where else can you see Bob Barker knock out Sandler) The problem is all Sandler ever does anymore is act like an idiot! 

There is a reason behind this though, you see everytime he tries to branch out his acting abilities, his movies get a measure of critical acclaim, but they end up bombing financially. Case in point "Reign Over Me" Here was a movie where the vast majority of critics, even the ones who gave the film a poor review, said Sandler and Cheadle were phenomenal. And in a rare case, the problems with the movie were more from director/actor Mike Binder rather than Sandler, and what happened? The movie made less money than Little Nicky. So i can't necessarily blame him for sticking with his same old routine to a point, cause if i was in his shoes i'd probably do the same. However it does not change the fact that he hasn't made a good comedy movie at least to me since the wedding singer... i think, haven't gotten around to seeing funny people yet.

-------------
I don't have pet peeves, I have major psychotic f**king hatreds! George Carlin

Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 4:53pm
Hold it!

I feel bad everytime someone doesn't want to see a Jim Carrey movie only because it's a drama.But you know what?It's their fault.They let the tyecasting world suck them into it.

Why do you think Anthony Michael Hall didn't want to play FERRIS BUELLER?Because it would hurt his career...I know it died anyway but that's another issue.

I gave REIGN OVER ME ***.Sandler's performance was...decent.I felt he was good during the scenes where he had to speak through his face,but the scenes where he screamed and cried...Anyway,let's get our facts right before we point fingers to the wrong people.

-------------

Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 5:26pm

Why do you think Anthony Michael Hall didn't want to play FERRIS BUELLER?Because it would hurt his career...I know it died anyway but that's another issue.
Big mistake on his part. Matthew Broderick has had a lasting career in the decades since the movie, including Tony Award success, even though he admits that people still ask him "Hey, Ferris, is this your day off?". Hall disappeared from existence until he did the "Dead Zone" TV series and appeared in "Dark Knight". Sometimes turning down a certain role will ruin your career as much as appearing in a bad movie.

-------------

Date Posted: May 09 2011 at 5:31pm
Not really.He turned it down to avoid typecasting...because he was a star at the time.Broderick took it without thinking on his career because he wasn't a star at the time.Anyway,Hall is more than an actor mentioned only in "Whatever happened to" conversations.When he appears in a TV show he'll most likely be credited as a "Special Guest Star" or something similar,like COMMUNITY and NO ORDINARY FAMILY.

-------------

Date Posted: May 11 2011 at 5:06am

Not really.He turned it down to avoid typecasting...because he was a star at the time.Broderick took it without thinking on his career because he wasn't a star at the time.
Actually, Hall's career was less than perfect at the time. He holds the record for the shortest run as a Saturday Night Live cast member, and he was fired from the lead role in "Full Metal Jacket", both because of his drinking or other personal problems on set. Proving yet again that giving into your vices will ruin your professional career in the end.

-------------

Date Posted: June 14 2011 at 3:36pm
According to AVClub, Sandler cut out some of the children's scenes because they were upstaging him. That's a massive dick move. Source: http://www.avclub.com/articles/just-go-with-it-2011,57410/ - http://www.avclub.com/articles/just-go-with-it-2011,57410/

-------------

Date Posted: June 14 2011 at 4:32pm

According to AVClub, Sandler cut out some of the children's scenes because they were upstaging him. That's a massive dick move. Source: http://www.avclub.com/articles/just-go-with-it-2011,57410/ - http://www.avclub.com/articles/just-go-with-it-2011,57410/
Wow, how insecure can that man really be?! Then again, it's Sandler, so it's not like upstaging him is all that hard!

-------------

Date Posted: June 14 2011 at 4:55pm
You're kidding,right? Even at this point you still think it's a "coincidence" that most of his characters are jerks masked as lovable guys? 

-------------

Posted By: natalstone
Date Posted: June 22 2011 at 6:18am
I like Sandler in general, but is it only me who thinks he is kind of over-hyped?

-------------

Date Posted: June 24 2011 at 8:17pm
Buddy, there's isn't a person in the movie business more over-hyped than Sandler. You look up "one-trick pony" in the dictionary, you will find the words "see Adam Sandler" in the definition.  

Originally posted by natalstone

I like Sandler in general, but is it only me who thinks he is kind of over-hyped?

-------------

Posted By: whatsthepoint
Date Posted: July 08 2011 at 4:02pm
I guess he's a one trick phony that audience never get tired of. 

Date Posted: July 09 2011 at 12:54pm
I guess some people just love watching their favorite Village Idiot.

-------------

Date Posted: July 25 2011 at 7:30pm
I just saw this.  

I don't know what it is about Sandler's movies, but they always get at least a chuckle from me. This time, 95% of those came from the kids. No wonder he got jealous. The leads do have chemistry, but it's weak. And the plot has too many unnecessary embroilments. And by the end, it all gets solved with no conflict!

Let's get it out in the open already: he's bad in this movie. But you know what? Aniston isn't(although at times she seems confused as to why she's here). Neither is Brooklyn DeckerBailee Madison is quite the little scene stealer. And Nick Swardson just tries way too hard. This was Dennis Dugan's best directorial effort(although that's not saying much).

Despite being famous for so long, this is the first time I can tell a Sandler movie is a total vanity project: 
1)Most of his characters have moments where they seem like jerks. Here,I couldn't look at the screen when DANNY appeared because he always said something mean or did something terrible(including being physically abusive towards children). I feel Sandler is similar in real life, so he orders the people behind the camera to come up with ways for us to buy that people want to be around DANNY.
2)The premise is about him going after pretty but silly girls. When he finds the hottest, he thinks he's in love. When he's asked why he won't dump her like everyone thinks, he says "She's beautiful,she's sweet...she's got great lips". And he does dump her when something better comes along. You know at what point we see a hint that he and KATHERINE will fall for each other? Right after he sees her in a bikini. Also, she enters a Hawaiian dance contest against Nicole Kidman, the other women on stage are all old and/or fat, and they eventually loose. All because Sandler demands to have a hot love interest in every movie.
3)Because of how much of a zombie he's been in his latest movie, I think he gets up early and then goes to shoot a scene. Does he want to? I guess he thinks "paycheck" and "box office results".

I give this 3/10.

-------------

Posted By: tricialago
Date Posted: August 08 2011 at 8:15pm
I  love Adam Sandler but the story was just too shallow for me. And I agree, Aniston's kids entertained me more than Sandler.

Date Posted: August 12 2011 at 6:59pm
I'd do an introduction for this, but I'd rather not.

The good:

Brooklyn Decker: She's cute and her performance is... not absolutely terrible. In terms of first time actresses, she's OK. Also, she's the ONLY character who isn't an unlikeable douche.

The Hawaii locales are pretty: The locales are breathtaking, but if you really want to see the locales, just find a travel magazine, blow up to the size of your TV, and tap it to said TV. That way, you can look at the beautiful locales without the sight of a golf-club entering Sandler's ass.

There's NO chance that it could be as bad as Jack And Jill: I don't think that anyone can argue with this.

The bad:

The fact that the best performance comes from a first-time actress: There's a goddamn Oscar winner in the cast and a model-turned-actress is better than her.

The kids: They're annoying and I wished that they'd disappear from the whole movie.

Well I'll cutting off the bad early this time. The reason? Everything else is UGLY!!!

The ugly: (Note: As much as I'd just like to write EVERY DAMN THING ABOUT THIS F*CKING MOVIE, I have principles.)

Sandler, Aniston, and their non-existant chemistry: They're both terrible, annoying, and can't create chemistry to save their life. There was better romance in The Hills Have Eyes.

Nicole Kidman: I've always had contempt for Ms. Kidman. I thought that The Hours was one of the most overrated pieces of crap I've ever seen. To be fair to her, I thought her acting in Rabbit Hole was good. But, she just HAD to follow it up with this. And next up is a movie with Nicolas Cage, Cam Gigandet, and history's greatest monster. Does she want me to hate her?

Nick Swardson: You know what's interesting? When Swardson's not around Sandler, he's actually funny. Maybe, Sandler saved his life in the past?

Bonus: It made me miss Rob Schneider!: Swardson plays a character that Schneider should have played. What did Schendier do to Sandler? Did he go number 2 on his carpet? Did he scare Jennifer Aniston? The mind boggles.

(Edit: Super bonus one that I forgot: The script: The writer of this is Allan Loeb. I mentioned in my review of The Dilemma that he's a massive hack and that he deserves the Iranian pick-pocket punishment. After reviewing this, he should also get the Human Centipede treatment so he can't tell people what he wants written down. Maybe pluck out his eye-lids so he can't pull a Diving Bell And The Butterfly. Also, according to IMDB, he's writing a remake of Escape From New York. Does he want to challenge f*cker Greg Berlanti to a rape-something-that-I-love contest?)

Not many people noticed this, but Minka Kelly has a small role at the beginning of the movie. Fitting, because...

Next-up: The Roommate! Also, grade: D

-------------

Date Posted: August 12 2011 at 7:19pm

There's NO chance that it could be as bad as Jack And Jill: I don't think that anyone can argue with this.
I don't know,man.That movie seems to be aware how dumb it is,while in this one,they tried to pretend as if the characters weren't the assholes they were.

It made me miss Rob Schneider!: Swardson plays a character that Schneider should have played. What did Schendier do to Sandler? Did he go number 2 on his carpet? Did he scare Jennifer Aniston? The mind boggles.
He's not obligated to appear in every Happy Madison movie.But I see why you'd think that.Since 2000,he's never been in movies not made by that studio(excluding cameos,voice-overs,movies he directed,and something called AMERICAN VIRGIN which amazes how it wasn't made by that studio).Don't worry,I'm sure we'll see many colloborations between the 2.

-------------

Date Posted: August 12 2011 at 7:29pm
 The reason I went on that little spiel is because the role seem taylor fit for Schneider. It just seems so odd that he wasn't in there.

Also, there's something that I forgot to add because I was in a hurry to get it in before the hour ended.

-------------

Date Posted: August 13 2011 at 4:59pm
Yep, as always, a Adam Sandler movie that is s***, and only amuses his friends and himself, yet he makes millions of dollars anyway. He's kinda like the mainstream version of Ray William Johnson (see YouTube to get that vague joke/insult).

But hey, at least we got to see Aniston and Kidman hula dance. That's something for our troubles, right? Right?

-------------

Posted By: Dun-Ida
Date Posted: November 24 2011 at 10:22pm
This movie ranges from boring to juvenile. The scenes are often unfunny. Only one scene is mildly amusing but it's not worth watching the rest.  

Adam Sandler is his usual juvenile, cringe-worthy best (or should that be worst?). Jennifer Aniston is just doing the rounds for the pay cheque. Nick Swardson is terribly unfunny in his supporting role. Brooklyn Decker is showing off her face and body to divert attention from her wooden acting. Decker's acting is wooden enough that even horny jerks will see past her good looks. Nicole Kidman is completely annoying and when she doesn't annoy is just plain boring. 

This "comedy" is devoid of humor. It's completely unfunny from the beginning. Only those voting in the Razzies should see this garbage because it deserves at least one nomination. 

-------------
Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!

Date Posted: November 25 2011 at 4:57am
1)Well, everybody already saw this movie.
2)What scene did you find funny?

-------------

Posted By: Dun-Ida
Date Posted: November 25 2011 at 4:23pm
Vits, I'm new here so cut me some slack if I comment on movies that everybody else watched. Angry

As for the mildly amusing scene, it was the one where the precocious daughter negotiated a deal with Sandler's vile character. 

-------------
Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!

Date Posted: November 25 2011 at 4:37pm
1)I meant that it was a box office hit. Luckily for you, that actually raises it's odds to win a Razzie.
2)Yes! As I stated before, the children were the best part.

-------------

Print Page | Close Window