Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Events, Announcements & Activities > DOES SLY DESERVE a WORST CAREER ACHIEVEMENT RAZZIE®??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Should we Finally Give YO-MAN a Heave Ho?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>
Poll Question: Does Stallone Finally Deserve a Worst Career Achievement RAZZIE??
Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[38.38%]
[2.58%]
[56.27%]
[2.77%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should we Finally Give YO-MAN a Heave Ho?
    Posted: June 22 2006 at 2:53am

This Poll Is Now CLOSED -- But If You'd Still Like to VOTE, Here's a LINK to a CURRENT ROCKY-RELATED POLL

NOTICE:

DUE to an APPARENT ATTEMPT at "HACKING" the NUMBERS, VOTING in THIS POLL HAS BEEN CLOSED. FEEL FREE to MAKE WHAT YOU WILL of the RESULTS SHOWN ABOVE...

THE FORUM ITSELF REMAINS OPEN, and WE ENCOURAGE YOU to CONTINUE to LEAVE FEEDBACK and RESPONSES REGARDING MISTUH STALLONE... 

WE ALSO WISH to EXTEND OUR BERRY SINCERE APOLOGIES to ALL WHO  LEGITIMATELY VOTED "YES" or "NO" in THIS POLL...

AND NOW, BACK to OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED FORUM, ALREADY in PROGRESS...

--------------------------------------------------

WITH ROCKY BALBOA (aka ROCKY XVII) SET for RELEASE DECEMBER 22, THE TIME SEEMS RIPE to FINALLY GIVE YO-DUDE HIS DUE...

BUT WHAT SAY YOU??

Please feel free to express your thoughts about Sly BELOW (Like Him? Loathe Him??  Tired of Even Hearing His Name??)

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
JoBloMovieGoer View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoBloMovieGoer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 2:57am

Someone please, STOP this man before he can make Rambo 4!

I was at a party recently where I overheard an MGM exec talking about Rocky Balboa -- saying that the studio considered it embarrassingly bad, and that that was why they moved its release up from next February to this December, to unload it before word gets out about how it totally sucks...

Nasty Man View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nasty Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 9:40am

Okay, can ANYONE name more than TWO good movies that Stallone has ever made? Most people would defend the original 1976 Rocky (which is now 30 years ago!) and some people might step up to argue that Cop Land was okay. But other than those two, is there even ONE good title this muscle-bound Bozo has been associated with??

DIDN'T THINK SO...

Everything SUX!
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 11:33am
Every time I watch even a moment of the original Rocky, which is all I can handle, I ask myself, "what was the Academy thinking?"  Stallone has made bad film after bad film, and no one deserves a lifer Razzie more. 
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 1:35pm

If you check what films ROCKY beat out as Best Picture of 1976, you'll find that among them were such certified (and WAY better) classic films as NETWORK, ALL THE PRESIDENT'S MEN and TAXI DRIVER. Which leaves us wondering "what was the Academy thinking" ever so much moreso...

FYI: Here's a LINK to the IMDb Page for the 1976 Oscar nominnes and winners. At least Stallone didn't win for Best Actor or Best Screenplay -- Both of those, deservedly, went to NETWORK (Peter Finch as Best Actor and Paddy Chayefsky for Best Original Screenplay)...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
JoeBacon View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote JoeBacon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 3:38pm
Why not? If the Little Gold Naked Men give out the Thalberg and Hersholt
awards, why can't the RAZZIES give out the Stallone , Zadora and/or
Madonna awards?
Rosen View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rosen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2006 at 6:23pm

I hope the Razzie people do this, wouldn't that be amazing if he showed up to accept it?

ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2006 at 4:26am

Without the Sly Guy producing all those brainless, voilent, crappy movies in the 80's and 90's, the Razzies wouldn't have had half the crap we needed to keep the movie industry in line.

I say, Give him the award, and a Golden Razzie key chain as well! 

The "Networking IT" Movie Buff!

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Rosen View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote Rosen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2006 at 4:36am
WHAT! Who said no?! They need to be forced to watch hours and hours and hours of Stallone movies. That should change their mind...
Here's lookin' at you, Kid.
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2006 at 10:58am
Here is an idea...instead of a gold Razzie key chain, we could all pitch in and buy him a gold Razzie watch. That way, he'd know when its time...to NOT consider making another movie!  
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Brierfox View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Brierfox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 4:27pm
 I voted no, I remember I liked "Rocky", I lived in Brooklyn at the time and didn't think he talked funny.   I saw and disliked the first sequel and didn't even bother to watch the others.   I liked him in "Carter", and fell asleep during the mountain climbing movie.  He has made himself into a one-man independent movie producer, and thereon lies his problem.    No one has ever directed him, he has never had to share second billing, he has never learned how to "act".  He has instead learned how to present himself as a tough, patriotic, action hero.   If you like that style of movie, he's OK.   What I dislike are actors and actresses who claim to be "serious professionals" and yet continue to make horrid "asses" of themselves.   Kevin Costner comes to mind right away.  Lopez, Madonna, Simpson,  gee, why do these names remind us of skunks? 
"We aren't in Kansas anymore Toto... Toto??"
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2006 at 5:12pm

Response to Brierfox:

As I have stated in this forum (as have you) I agree Rocky's 1 and 2 were the best work of his career. But name me 3 movies (or even one) that he did  from 1980 till now that have at least an average approval rating from the critics (or anybody else for that matter). If you ask me, he has gotten more deformed and mentally unbalanced over time. It seems he is just trying to regain his glory days, but instead seems to be making himself into a total clown. As you probably guessed, I voted "Yes." I just cannot see him not get a career RAZZIE. And I am pretty sure The HeadRAZZberry has already made it, and just wishes he could have given it to Sly sooner than 2007.

Words to live by:
"Money doesn't make you happy. I now have $50 million but I was just as happy when I had $48 million." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
HeadRAZZBerry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 4:46am

I'm not surprised to see the vote results favoring YES over NO -- But at the time I'm writing this, the ratio is about two-to-one YES.

Maybe we'd better get started editing that Stallone Worst Career Achievement montage NOW...

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
ITbeast View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote ITbeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2006 at 6:18am

Just tell is whatcha need, Head RAZZberry: 2/3rd's of us are right behind you !

I still think that a Gold Razzie Key chain would be cool. It would go so well with those suits that make him look so much smarter than he really is...

Words to live by:
#1 Sly Fan View Drop Down
Berry Best Friend
Berry Best Friend

Post Options Post Options   Quote #1 Sly Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2006 at 9:44am
Count me as one of the 50 or so saying a definite "NO!" The whole world (except for you guys) LOVES Sylvester Stallone -- Why can't you just leave him alone?!?!?
YO: Quit Pickin' on Stallone!!
gertie the duck View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote gertie the duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2006 at 12:18pm

Erm...

"The whole world"?

That's a bit of an overstatement.Just a bit...

Ok... I am half Italian/half Swedish, I was raised in Italy, France and Belgium and I now reside in the UK. You have chosen to speak for the WHOLE WORLD, so may I now defend the taste of the countries I have a link to? THEY do NOT LOVE "Sly". They pretty much couldn't care less about him.

P.S. I do not dislike him personally, as I do not KNOW him (these are not personal attacks, Sly Fan#1!). I just don't really like what I have seen of him/don't care much for him/ hardly ever even remember he's still around. And I don't like to see such general statements being made. That's all.

"Come back, Sidney... I wanna chastise you!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 15>