Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RAZZIE® Events, Announcements & Activities > DOES SLY DESERVE a WORST CAREER ACHIEVEMENT RAZZIE®??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Should we Finally Give YO-MAN a Heave Ho?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415
Poll Question: Does Stallone Finally Deserve a Worst Career Achievement RAZZIE??
Poll Choice Poll Statistics
[38.38%]
[2.58%]
[56.27%]
[2.77%]
You can not vote in this poll

Author
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Should we Finally Give YO-MAN a Heave Ho?
    Posted: January 16 2010 at 9:50am
I'd say... NO FREAKING WAY!

Stallone is a great actor, he is know by the whole world, he is one of those actors that it's impossible to not know! Everyone knows what is ''Rocky'' and ''Rambo''! Everyone ever heard ''Come on Rocky'' while training (except if you're not training sometimes)! Stallone is an american icon, an actor who inspired an entire generation with his determination and courage! The first ''Rocky'' is an all time masterpiece that won the ''Best Picture'' academy award and REALLY deserved it! Stallone is a charming actor, Philadelphia even built him a statut to thanks him to share the dream of ''Rocky'' with the whole world!

I think that how you guys are trating Stallone is pathetic, you're just jaleous, you cannot stand him because his was one of the most well paid actor in the 80's! Really, ''Worst actor of the Century''? LOL! That makes me laugh! Arnold Scwarzenegger, Steven Seagal, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Chuck Norris, Ben Affleck, Nicholas Cage, Christian Bale, Vin Diesel and Paul Walker, THOSE are horrible actors! And I don't understand why Bale didn't never received at least a nomination! Stallone, is a great actor!

For me, he is one of the best actors ever with Dustin Hoffman, Robert de Niro, Al Pacino, Joe Pesci, Leonardo DiCaprio, Marlon Brando and Tom Hanks!

And you know, I don't understand why some people say that he has no good movie, because I can give you a list of excellent movies in which he played, and even wrote and directed:

- Rocky (of course, all time masterpiece)
- Rocky Balboa (masterpiece)
- Rocky II
- Rocky III
- Rocky V
- First Blood
- Rambo (2008)
- F.I.S.T.
- Victory
- Paradise Alley
- Cop Land
- Get Carter
- Cliffhanger
- Demolition Man
- Cobra
- Over the Top
- Tango & Cash

All great movies!!!

And after all, the whole world loves Sly except you guys so don't you think that YOU are wrong?
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2010 at 10:02am
Originally posted by TaRaN-RoD

Really, ''Worst actor of the Century''? LOL! That makes me laugh! Arnold Scwarzenegger, Steven Seagal, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Chuck Norris, Ben Affleck, Nicholas Cage, Christian Bale, Vin Diesel and Paul Walker, THOSE are horrible actors!

Although I don't agree with you that Stallone is as great an actor as you claim him to be, I will agree that most of those actors you listed are just as bad, if not worse than him and are equally worthy of being called "The Worst of the Century". I mean Ar-nold, Seagal, JCVD, and Norris, they all have the combined acting ability of a rock!
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2010 at 5:14pm
TaRaN-RoD, I'm afraid that it is time for a harsh dose of reality:

1. Rocky won Best Picture, but it stands alongside The Greatest Show on Earth, Titanic and The Sting as the most undeserving winners in the history of the Oscars. It wasn't a bad movie, but it was at best the 4th best among the 5 nominated that year.

2. The city of Philadelphia did not erect a statue to Sly.  The statue was a prop used in one of his films (I believe it was Rocky 2) and Stallone donated it to the city.

3. I would hesitate to elevate Stallone to the status of "American Icon." I could spend the next several hours listing people, most of whom are not in any way involved in showbusiness, who truly deserve that title. Sly isn't fit to shine the shoes of a single one of them.

4. You can't elevate Sly as an actor by evoking the names of other actors with similarly deplorable careers anymore than you can make a logical case that Dubya was a good President by suggesting that Nixon and Millard Fillmore were worse.

5. Your list of Stallone films does little more than aptly demonstrate that one man's trash is truly another's treasure. I think the consensus of most knowledgeable moviegoers would study that list and find, in their most charitable moments, a bastillon of mediocrity. In less generous frames, they'd see a pile of crap.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2010 at 9:31pm
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

TaRaN-RoD, I'm afraid that it is time for a harsh dose of reality:

1. Rocky won Best Picture, but it stands alongside The Greatest Show on Earth, Titanic and The Sting as the most undeserving winners in the history of the Oscars. It wasn't a bad movie, but it was at best the 4th best among the 5 nominated that year.

The Greatest Show on Earth actually sucked... But what the hell is wrong with Rocky and Titanic? Nothing... there was no better movies those years, no not even Taxi Driver, The Network and All the President's Men (all 3 great movies too) in 1976, and, in 1997,  not even the great Good Will Hunting that was a real masterpiece of course, but was nothing next to Titanic in my opinion... James Cameron's movie has done the job as well as this one!

So Rocky and Titanic are 2 really deserving Best Picture winner!

If I'd have to say the most underserving ''Best Picture'' winners in my opinion, it would be:

- The Departed, every movie that were nominated were better!
- Chicago, incredible piece of crap Gangs of New York should have won by far!
- The Lord of the Rings 3, for me it's one of those commercial craps without value I think Lost in Translation should have won by far!
- No Country for Old Men, I don't understand what did the academy think to make it win against Atonement, There Will Be Blood and Michael Clayton! IMO, this movie isn't too bad, but isn't good at all! Into the Wild should at least have been nominated because this movie is splendid!!!
- Dances with Wolves, annoying, really anoying! I like Kevin Costner (who you Razzie hate except for this movie xD), but not for this time! Goodfellas or Godfather Part.3 should have won (if The Godfather Part.3 would've won, it would be the only trilogy in the history that all the three movies have won ''Best Picture'' academy award)!
saturnwatcher View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote saturnwatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2010 at 9:48pm
Rocky was better than Taxi Driver, The Network and All The Presidents Men? Well, you read it here first folks.
Nine times out of ten, in art as in life, there is no truth to be discovered, only an error to be exposed.--H.L. Menken
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2010 at 8:06am
Originally posted by saturnwatcher

Rocky was better than Taxi Driver, The Network and All The Presidents Men? Well, you read it here first folks.
Maybe more ENTERTAINING, yes, but not "better" than those other movies! As for the wrong movies getting Best Picture, hey, we all know the Oscars almost NEVER get it right. That's why you have to turn to the Independent Spirit Awards.
TaRaN-RoD View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote TaRaN-RoD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2010 at 7:44pm
Rocky is an all time masterpiece, you want it or not, it's a fact... and you want it or not, but Sly is a major star!
Michaels View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Michaels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2010 at 5:17am
Originally posted by TaRaN-RoD

Rocky is an all time masterpiece, you want it or not, it's a fact... and you want it or not, but Sly is a major star!
Oh sure, it's a great inspiring movie, but then they had to drag it through the mud with five sequels that it could have done without.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 131415