Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO on POSSIBLE 2011 RAZZIE® CONTENDERS > Discussion & Add'l INFO on JUST GO WITH IT
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Members' Discussion of JUST GO WITH IT...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Berry Important MODERATOR
Berry Important MODERATOR

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote HeadRAZZBerry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Members' Discussion of JUST GO WITH IT...
    Posted: February 08 2011 at 4:41pm
HERE's WHERE to UNLOAD ALL OVER RAZZIE® VETERANS ADAM SANDLER and JENNIFER ANISTON in THEIR FIRST "ROM/COM" TOGETHER, the PAINT-by-NUMBERS/HOW-LONG-WILL-IT-TAKE-ADAM-to-FIGURE-OUT-JENNIFER's-JUST-RIGHT-for-HIM GLOP FEST JUST GO WITH IT...  

Ye Olde Head RAZZberry
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2011 at 4:47pm
To answer your question,I predict he'll figure it out mear the climax of the movie, 10-20 minutes before is over (should I write "spoiler alert"?). There's a chance he'll figure out in the middle, or even near the beginning, but we know better than that...right? I mean, they didn't know better when they decided to make this in the first place.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2011 at 4:51pm
Is anyone else but me finding it a bit odd and far fetched that he is picking up girls by wearing a wedding ring?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2011 at 4:56pm
Not really. Many people(women too) do it. You know what is odd and far fetched? In every movie Sandler plays more and more irresistible ladies men. He's not ugly, but...come on!
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2011 at 5:07pm
Really? I'll guess i'll blame that one on cultural diferences then.
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2011 at 6:11pm
Though there were people who seemed to like Grown-Ups back in the spring quarter of 2010, they weren't as numerous as those who ate up Chuck & Larry, Zohan, Little Nicky, Mr. Deeds, or Grandma's Boy. I expect to scream if the Sandler fans eat THIS up!

By the way, I'm VERY satisfied with The Bounty Hunter being nominated for Worst Picture in the Worst of 2010 awards.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2011 at 6:18pm
This also seems to be another remake. Acording to wikipedia/imdb it was based on a 1969 film named Cactus Flower starring Ingrid Bergman, Walter Mathau and Goldie Hawn.

At least it admits being a remake unlike a certain psycho/stalker film we all know...
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2011 at 8:07pm
I, too, really find the premise odd. Only in an Adam Sandler movie would hot chicks go running into the arms of an unhappily married man. Unless that man is a millionaire, which unfourtunately, Sandler is! 

Originally posted by Vheid

Is anyone else but me finding it a bit odd and far fetched that he is picking up girls by wearing a wedding ring?

The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
cvcjr13 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote cvcjr13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2011 at 2:56am
For the record, Grandma's Boy bombed.  

Originally posted by GTAHater767

Though there were people who seemed to like Grown-Ups back in the spring quarter of 2010, they weren't as numerous as those who ate up Chuck & Larry, Zohan, Little Nicky, Mr. Deeds, or Grandma's Boy. I expect to scream if the Sandler fans eat THIS up!

By the way, I'm VERY satisfied with The Bounty Hunter being nominated for Worst Picture in the Worst of 2010 awards.

BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2011 at 6:55am
But GTAHater still has a point. Sandler's braindead fans would run to the theaters just to watch Sandler sitting on a toilet for 2 hours. And "Grandma's Boy" bombed because Sandler himself wasn't in it, all of his talentless friends who co-star in almost all of his movies did.
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2011 at 7:00am

Normally, a wedding ring would warn away chicks.  Adam Sandler is using one to pick up chicks even though he's not actually married (but he says he is to his girlfriends).  He begins to form a relationship with Brooklyn Decker.  When Decker discovers Sandler's ring, she doesn't want to get involved.  So in order to try and win Decker back, he asks his assistant Jennifer Aniston to pose as his wife.

The film is directed by Dennis Dugan who has worked with Adam Sandler on five previous occasions.  Based on recent history, Dugan and Sandler projects haven't been well received by critics.  Here are the Tomatometer ratings for each of their projects:

Happy Gilmore: 59%
Big Daddy: 40%
I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry: 14%
You Don't Mess with the Zohan: 36%
Grown Ups: 10%

That's not a very good track record for either one of them.  They have another film coming out in which Sandler plays a guy and his annoying twin sister.  It's not finished yet, but it's expected to be released sometime this year.
Vheid View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vheid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2011 at 9:49am
Miguel, I have a very bad feeling about that film (Jack & Jill). How does Adam Sandler in drag having a thing with Al Pacino playing himself, sound like a good movie?
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2011 at 10:15am
I consider Dennis Dugan one of the worst directors.I have liked some of his movies,but I always consider them to have bad directing anyway.I'm not sure if he's worst when Adam Sandler stars in his movies or not.But Adam has become less funny.

I know you're against the People's Choice Awards,but they just aired a few days ago and I have to complain:During the "Favorite Comedic Star" nominees montage,Adam was the only one that wasn't even trying to be funny,he just said the stupid line.How did I feel when Jennifer Aniston(coincidence?)said his name?I don't want to know.
oiram View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote oiram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2011 at 2:33pm
Wouldn't Just Go With It being based on Cactus Flower make this Adam Sandler's third remake?
Elizabeth Hartman and Judith Barsi are more talented and beautiful than Scarlett Johansson and Chloe Grace Moretz. Fact.

Worst Supporting Actor: Brendan Fraser/Gimme Shelter and The Nut Job

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2011 at 2:56pm
It's actually his fourth.He had a cameo in MIXED NUTS.
MiguelAntilsu View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote MiguelAntilsu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2011 at 6:33am
Here's Roger Ebert's take on 'Just Go With It': LINK.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>