Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > DISCUSSIONS & POLLS on 2010 RELEASES > RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERLIFE
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

We Suggest You See No EVIL...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote ziesha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: We Suggest You See No EVIL...
    Posted: November 08 2010 at 4:38am
Whoa! This is one of my favorite movies of 2010!  I was very excited to see this movie.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 3:23pm
This has been nominated for the People's Choice Awards for "Horror Movie".I'm glad this category has some well-reviewed movies.
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 4:32pm
The reviews were 30% + or - 3, weren't they? I wouldn't be surprised if this got nominated for Worst Screenplay or another major RAZZIE award.
BurnHollywoodBurn View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote BurnHollywoodBurn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2010 at 8:21pm
Originally posted by Vits

This has been nominated for the People's Choice Awards for "Horror Movie".I'm glad this category has some well-reviewed movies.
It should instead be nominated for "Most Useless Excuse To Use 3-D" or "Worst Wannabe Matrix Clone".
The Four Horsemen of the Moviepocalypse: uncalled for sequels/remakes/reboots, 3-D surcharges, untalented "celebrities", and anything with Michael Bay's name attached to it.
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2012 at 3:56pm
Skip to 07:20.
Thoughts?
You can follow me @Vits_Chile
SchumacherH8ter View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote SchumacherH8ter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2012 at 10:40pm

Time for the penultimate review of the Resident Evil franchise. After Extinction sucked to high heaven, Worthless Sh*t Anderson decided to get back into the director's chair. With this one, I noticed a pattern with the Resident Evil franchise. Remember how in the original Star Trek movies, the even numbered ones were good and the odd ones sucked? With Resident Evil, the odd numbered ones are horrible, while the even numbered ones plainly suck.

There's one actor in this that I like and that's Kim Coates. He plays a sleazy producer named Bennett. I'm not sure how much of my enjoyment of his performance is due to actual quality or me being a Sons Of Anarchy fanboy, but still. I, also, enjoyed the opening scene where Alice's clones wiped out a bunch of Wesker's troops. It was, surprisingly, well directed. But, without a doubt, my favorite thing about this movie was that Worthless Sh*t finally started listening to his critics. He had more homages to the games in this and, best of all, Alice get her God mode Sue status taken away. All her clones are blown up, her psychic powers are taken away, and her fights are more balanced.

Now to point out the film's many flaws. Wentworth Miller is crappy as Chris Redfield. His interactions with his sister Claire come off as being more like lovers than siblings. Shawn Roberts is crappy as Albert Wesker. In his first scene he underplays him and for the rest he goes way over-the-top. Part of this could be Worthless Sh*t making Wesker a cannibal. Since the scenes where he "ingests fresh DNA" are so hilariously dumb, maybe Roberts went with the crazy flow.

Despite her character being reigned in, Jovovich's performance got worse. Maybe it's because she knows that if the director asks her to try better, he'll have to sleep on the couch tonight. But, as bad as she is, she's nowhere near as bad as Ali Larter. With this film, Larter establishes herself as one of the worst actresses of our time. Her character gets amnesia and forgets who she is and Worthless Sh*t probably forgot why he cast her in the first place. He claims that it was her role in Heroes, but since any episode of Heroes was less watchable than all the Resident Evil movies combined, I find this claim hard to believe. And the special effects are still crappy as Hell.

Now for the part where I rip into Worthless Sh*t. Aside from the opening scene, the action is terrible and boring. The end fight with Alice, Wesker, Chris, and Claire is one of most poorly shot action finales in memory. There's a terribly shot action scene in the shower room that shows how little Worthless Sh*t cared. A zombie pops out from a place where we (and Alice) should have seen it before. But, pay attention to the showers in the background. In one shot they're off, but in another they're on, then off again, and so on and so on. Another sign of how little Worthless Sh*t cared is the prescence of the ocean. See, in the last one, we're told that the T-virus somehow caused all the water in the world to dry up. That doesn't make any damn sense and only seemed to be there so Worthless Sh*t could rip-off Mad Max, but okay. So, why in the Hell is there an ocean if all the water's dried up? But, the worst thing about the film is how Worthless Sh*t shot the 3-D. You now how in Avatar, Hugo, and Hell even Trannies Three, the 3-D seemed seemless? Here, it's incredibly obvious.

I can't wait until I'm finally done with this series. Grade: C-

Next-up: Resident Evil: Retribution!
I'm the Goddamn Batman.-All-Star Batman And Robin #2
https://twitter.com/Scott_DAgostino
Upcoming reviews: http://www.razzies.com/forum/topic7513.html
Up-next: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123