Official RAZZIE® Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > INFO. FORUMS & POLLS on 2012 RAZZIE® Choices... > FALL/WINTER FORUM DISCUSSIONS: 2012 RAZZIE® CHOICES...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

WORST PICTURE: Special Turkey Day Discussion!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Online Status: Offline
Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WORST PICTURE: Special Turkey Day Discussion!
    Posted: November 22 2012 at 4:31pm
Here are my preferred nominees for Worst Picture (I don't care if any of them have little chance of winning): 

1) Project X: This is just $h!^ from beginning to end. The main characters cause major destruction and yet we're supposed to be on their side? What a load of bu//$h!^. Also, Oliver Cooper deserves a Worst Actor nomination. He should be eligible for Worst Actor (not supporting) because his character, Costa, is one of the movie's "three amigos" and of course his acting is terrible. 

2) The Devil Inside: This is another video footage movie that deserves condemnation. The "scares" are not scary at all. The ending is also anti-climatic. 

3) That's My Boy: You know something is wrong when the movie seems to condone a teacher molesting a kid. Not only is this movie horrible it is also disappointing. It is disappointing because this could have been a decent satire (i.e. how there seems to be double standards for male and female teachers and how the media "report" scandals). 

4) The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn- Part I: A combination of bad acting; easy-to-laugh-AT script ,and a horrible screen couple (Taylor Lautner and MacKenzie Foy) should make this final (I hope) chapter of the saga worthy of a Razzie. 

5) One For the Money: A combination of an annoying Katherine Heigl, poor direction and irritating screenplay should make this worthy of a nomination. 
Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2012 at 5:09pm
I don't know. I was just just quoting HeadRAZZ... 

Also, it IS PART II. Also, why do you "hope" that it's the final chapter? It clearly is. 

Originally posted by GTAHater767

To Vits: First Wanderlust, then Darling Companion. Are scale of release and critical panning second to the question of who's in the films in deciding forums at certain times? And if so, what are the circumstances where "Who" is more important than "How Bad?" laugh-AT script ,and a horrible screen couple (Taylor Lautner and MacKenzie Foy) should make this final (I hope) chapter of the saga worthy of a Razzie.

You can follow me @Vits_Chile
Dun-Ida View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Dun-Ida Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2012 at 11:18pm
I know it's Part II, I just made a typo. It happens to everyone!  

Also, The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn- Part II might not be the final chapter of this dreadful series. There are rumors circling of a continuation of the story of the werewolves or one of the other minor characters.  

Directed by Michael Bay and M. Night Shyamalan comes...a movie guaranteed to win Razzies!
Gregory View Drop Down
Berry Important Member
Berry Important Member

Post Options Post Options   Quote Gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 25 2012 at 3:15pm
My five Worst Picture picks: 

Alex Cross  

The Devil Inside 

That's My Boy  

This Means War  

The Watch  

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2012 at 11:49am
I've got another one: THE APPARITION (though it's not one of my front-runners).  

mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2012 at 11:56am
With so many bad horror movies this year, I think it makes sense to bring back the Worst Excuse for a Horror Movie category. Choices include: 

- The Devil Inside 
- The Apparition 
- The Possession 
- Silent Hill 
- The Chernobyl Diaries 
- Piranha 3DD 
- House at the End of the Street  

RESPONSE from Head RAZZberry: As a rule, to be considered a viable "category," there should be at least 10 or more possible contenders -- Otherwise, there's little interest or suspense about the outcome. And whatever the subject of the "Special Category" is, it should address a strong and obvious trend in that year's movie titles. If you'll check our 32 year history, you'll also see that we have, to date, never repeated any of the Special Categories we've already done...  

At this point, and for the above-mentioned reasons, it's looking more and more like we won't be doing a "Special Category" for our 2012 Awards. We may, however, do special, individual "Governor's Awards" for specific "achievements" not covered by our 10 basic categories... 

Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2012 at 1:29pm
Now that I think about it, HeadRAZZ has a point: The last decade was full of unforgettably bad horror movies (not just remakes). It would be weird for us to award Worst Excuse for a Horror Movie after that trend has finished. There are still bad horror movies, but not a lot of them really memorable for being bad. In MBH's list, only THE DEVIL INSIDE is a likely Razzie finalist. A few others have been mentioned for acting categories, but I don't think they have much chance. And the rest were immediately forgettable.  
mbh View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote mbh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2012 at 10:22pm
Well, that makes sense. Out of my list I have seen Chernobyl Diaries and House at the End of the Street, which both were forgettable, Piranha 3DD which to me is more of a stupid movie than a terrible movie. And of course Devil Inside, which was absoutely terrible and with the constant screaming was a pain to watch, and should be the only strong contender for Worst Picture from that list above.
The Larch View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2012 at 5:38pm
After enduring Rock of Ages, I can safely say it MUST be on the ballot in several categories: FYC- Worst Picture, Worst Director (Adam Shannkman), Worst Actor (Diego Boneta), Worst Actress (Julianne Hough), Wost Supporting Actor (Russell Brand), Worst Supporting Actress (Catherine Zeta Jones), Worst Couple(s) (Julianne Hough/Diego Boneta, Alec Baldwin/Russell Brand)
FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2014 include: Kevin Costner (X2), Adung Sandler, Seth MacFartlane, Jamie Foxx, Dane DeHaan, and YES Shaliane Wooden!
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2012 at 7:46am
Originally posted by The Larch

After enduring Rock of Ages, I can safely say it MUST be on the ballot in several categories!
Could you specify which categories? I mean, ROA won't be a contender, but I'd like to know you take on it.
The Larch View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote The Larch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2012 at 9:52am
                                                                                                                                                            Gladly, Vits- see my post below; and yes, I see no reason why Rock of Ages SHOULDN'T be a contender, since I doubt there were more than 10-12 cinematic stinkers Thumbs Down that flopped so badly this year... 

After enduring Rock of Ages, I can safely say it MUST be on the ballot in several categories!
Could you specify which categories? I mean, ROA won't be a contender, but I'd like to know your take on it.
[/QUOTE] 
FYC: WORST Acting Performances of 2014 include: Kevin Costner (X2), Adung Sandler, Seth MacFartlane, Jamie Foxx, Dane DeHaan, and YES Shaliane Wooden!
GTAHater767 View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote GTAHater767 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2012 at 7:56pm
Rock of Ages? You mean that film that stars nobody that many people are familiar with and opened against That's My Boy back on June 15? Not only was That's My Boy way worse, but Rock of Ages, with an approval rating in the low 40s, cannot be considered a critical failure by any means. If you're concerned about the box office bomb factor, I think a little too much emphasis has gone towards that this year. It's bad enough that John Carter is bound to get RAZZed for anything except Taylor Kitsch (I don't know the reason why his roles caught so much heat from us), and that I have to fight so hard to keep Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 from getting a Worst Picture nomination, but where is the end to all the Forum campaigning for mixed-reviewed/average films?  

Maybe you should stick to your campaign for A Little Bit of Heaven. At least THAT got panned by critics and stars Kate Hudson, whom we all recognize.

Anyways, I realize it'll do me no good to write in a vote for The Apparition for Worst Picture, so I don't think I'll be nominating any films released after June for this category.  

I see no reason why Rock of Ages SHOULDN'T be a contender, since I doubt there were more than 10-12 cinematic stinkers Thumbs Down that flopped so badly this year... 
Possible Unofficial Forums, given <35% approval: Ags 8; TMNT '014. Ags 13; Let's Be Cops. Ags 15; The Giver, The Expendables 3. Ags 29; Jessabelle
Vits View Drop Down
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum
RAZZIE® Inner Sanctum

Post Options Post Options   Quote Vits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2012 at 7:34am
Don't worry, GTA. This is the only time anyone has ever suggested ROA for Worst Picture. It was suggested that Tom Cruise could get a Worst Actor nod for that and JACK REACHER, but it seems the latter may turn out to be a good movie. 

DistinguishedFlyer View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote DistinguishedFlyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2012 at 10:09am
Something tells me Twilight will pull off a Lord of the Rings-style triumph this year. The earlier films all got piles of nominations but seldom won anything and I think (like the Oscars) the voters here were saving up for the final installment.
There is one stumbler to this: the last film was the best-reviewed of the group, and the RT score isn't at all awful. On its own merits this film may not deserve to win but the built-up desire over the years to give this series a good hosing may carry it to a big, Jack & Jill-style sweep.
I have to admit I have a place in my heart for Battleship (wanting to see it win, that is) - a lot of my friends who I trained with this summer had a great time watching it, and wouldn't stop bringing it up or quoting it for weeks afterwards. (Even stranger is that these are usually pretty bright guys!) I finally got around to seeing it on ship with some of the engineers and we collectively agreed to turn it off after about thirty or forty minutes. We had no expectations for it but even so . . .
DistinguishedFlyer View Drop Down
Berry New Comer
Berry New Comer

Post Options Post Options   Quote DistinguishedFlyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 24 2012 at 10:43am
One idea for a new category (this is one where there's never a shortage) is Worst Prestige Picture. Every year around this time there are plenty of big studio releases where everyone can see past the big stars or hot subject matter and tell that  they were made purely to get accolades (whether critical raves or Academy nominations) and have nothing real to say or give to anyone. The remake a few years ago of All the King's Men is perhaps the best recent example of this, but you can find plenty every year (including usually one on the Oscars' final five - just look at all those nominations for Stephen Daldry and Lasse Hallstrom!).< ="application/x-dap-" id="DAPPlugin" style="visibility: collapse">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12